Must be embarrassing!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find it ironic someone who makes his living off the wallets of tourists would word or even put such apost on the site, maybe he thinks he is promoting harmony between the two provinces, no idea what he was thinking thats for sure.
Perhaps he just threw up a thread title before really thinking about it or proof reading it. I'm sure you must know someone who pushes post far too quickly as well?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OP just pulled a LHF move... come stir the pot,,, then nothing...lol

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone should be embarrassed it would be the USA for its decaying infrastructor.
They have all kinds of money to fight BS wars and give billions to bankers but no money for new bridges?? WTF

Bridges in Alberta are in very good shape,,a truck hitting them shouldnt make them
collapse in the first place.
How many times has the innisfail overpass on 2 been hit? And it's still standing!!

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of stories about this incident on the weekend and it brought up some serious questions in my mind. The driver said he measured his load a few times, it was 4.85 meters. The bridge he hit was 4.45 meters. In Washington State they dont post the clearance height on overhead obstacles if there clearance is over 4.39 meters.

When you get an over height permit, do you not have to submit your route and is there not a list of possible problem areas? Who's responsibility is it to make sure the route is acceptable?
They do route you when you permit O/D but it always comes down to driver discretion so unfortunately he'll be hung

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the truck had all of his permits and was on his designated rout,so IMO if the US. has
hundreds of thousands of trucks on the road and they are too stupid to post sign's on overpasses
then what is a trucker supposed to do? Stop the truck and measure everything before he goes under it?
That seems kinda stupid to me.I don't see why the guy could get thrown under the bus for this.

And what year was that bridge built? Early 1950's?

w3schultz

Reaction score
Hey thats the answer! Every trucker will now stop before every bridge in the US, dig out their tape measure and measure the clearance. I want to see that video on Youtube. LMAO

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.. Have fun getting anything you own withought truck drivers. Are you a little bit touchy because an oilfield trucker can make as much as you withought going to School? 😂😂😂

Last time i checked an oilfield trucker aint making $120,000 k/year and only working 150-160 days of that year, but good try, and yes it is nice to have 200 days off a year

Sent from my iPhone using

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time i checked an oilfield trucker aint making $120,000 k/year and only working 150-160 days of that year, but good try, and yes it is nice to have 200 days off a year

Sent from my iPhone using

Can I have your job? I will give you mine!

Top Bottom