Muff pot cooking

motomike450r

Reaction score
Being new to sledding, I was wondering how to use the muff pot on my sled(took me a while to figure out what the shiney thing on my muffler was).:eek:
Any recipe ideas out there? Getting my 15 yr old daughter a sled and want to make it as comfortable for her as possible. thanks:d

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being new to sledding, I was wondering how to use the muff pot on my sled(took me a while to figure out what the shiney thing on my muffler was).:eek:
Any recipe ideas out there? Getting my 15 yr old daughter a sled and want to make it as comfortable for her as possible. thanks:d

Search "muff pot" on this site: there are a few threads with really good ideas on here. There's also a website if you google it.

I like to buy the Bistro Crostinis by Stauffers and put them in the muff pot. You can wrap a dozen hot dogs in foil and bring some buns and ketchup: Voila! Lunch for many.

Whenever I go riding with the Thunderstruck crew, they buy me dinner at Zalas. I get the waitress to wrap my leftovers in tin foil and eat my awesome food the next day on the hill! Get some funny looks from Brad Storey, but it's sooo good. Possibilities are endless... The harder you ride, the faster your food cooks and the more food you can enjoy :)

Little tip: wrap your food in wax or parchment paper first, and then in tinfoil. Otherwise the friction inside the muff pot rubs the foil, causing black spots on your food, or wearing holes in the foil, which can be an ugly stinky burnt mess. And don't forget food in there when you put the sled away. I have a friend who did this- not pretty !

Enjoy!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whenever I go riding with the Thunderstruck crew, they buy me dinner at Zalas. I get the waitress to wrap my leftovers in tin foil and eat my awesome food the next day on the hill! Get some funny looks from Brad Storey, but it's sooo good. Possibilities are endless... The harder you ride, the faster your food cooks and the more food you can enjoy :)

Little tip: wrap your food in wax or parchment paper first,
Enjoy!

Definitely...parchment paper!! Best thing ever!

I do the same thing with my Zalas dinners LOL...the halibut and veggies was great on the mountain the next day!!! I'm sure the guys never have leftovers though :rolleyes:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a retired old fart, who works hard all summer, to be able to put shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster, whatever in the ol' muff pot, it is my option! But Drew, you're welcome to ask, just the same......

lol
hows the ankle holding out ready for a full year of riding this year

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M and M Meats was made to fill muffpots..burritos, wings, egg rolls....buy some of those platic baking bags from the grocery store, put the wings in frozen in the morning...wrap tin foil around the outside as you may wear through the plastic..and at lunch she will be steaming hot

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
M and M Meats was made to fill muffpots..burritos, wings, egg rolls....buy some of those platic baking bags from the grocery store, put the wings in frozen in the morning...wrap tin foil around the outside as you may wear through the plastic..and at lunch she will be steaming hot

If one likes all the sodium in that stuff? Much better to doo home cooking of wings and freeze in serving portions. But I know you guys are soo busy that that idea is a little out of range.....just saying

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If one likes all the sodium in that stuff? Much better to doo home cooking of wings and freeze in serving portions. But I know you guys are soo busy that that idea is a little out of range.....just saying

I guess...not too worried about salt a few trips a month...add the salt I eat at Zalas and 15 ceasars...salted...etc,etc...you make them and i will eat off you.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for something other than foil, I have them snackerpackers. check out my website.

Welcome To Snackerpackers
I tried these last year after a few blow ups of foil containers and parchment paper and I will tell you these bags rock!! They took Chili and Hungarian Goulash and Spaghetti with no problems or leaks. They are worth the money if you want to keep a clean Muff pot.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:d
I tried these last year after a few blow ups of foil containers and parchment paper and I will tell you these bags rock!! They took Chili and Hungarian Goulash and Spaghetti with no problems or leaks. They are worth the money if you want to keep a clean Muff pot.

i like clean muff
:d:d

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little tip: wrap your food in wax or parchment paper first, and then in tinfoil. Otherwise the friction inside the muff pot rubs the foil, causing black spots on your food, or wearing holes in the foil, which can be an ugly stinky burnt mess. And don't forget food in there when you put the sled away. I have a friend who did this- not pretty !

Enjoy!

:eek::eek:

Pfffttt....:rolleyes:....wasn't that bad Mamma! :p A little ammonia from the glass cleaner in the pickup and I was good to go! Stainless cleans right up! :wtg:

Top Bottom