Muff or Hot Pot install

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, they have to be tight! As I said in the beginning, the screw clamps tend to loosen with the hot and cold tendencies of the exhaust, therefore the spring type clamps on the clam shell work wonders. I still like to use two as it helps to keep things tight.

Cutting into the clam shell was no problem. I have done this on a lot of Doo's and have never had a problem so it is old hat now. I have saved the insulation pieces just incase this motor runs a little hotter. I can go through 3 pots a day; garlic shrimp for an apperitif, wings, ribs, or scallops (or whatever) for the main course, and a nice pineapple upside down cake for dessert at the truck when I'm finished.

The part number for the Doo clamp is....... 514054408 Retaining clamp and the spring is 514053643

Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too lost the base of my hotpot this past season. I'm thinking of putting some of the high temp silicone on the bottom of the base to soak up some of the vibration.

Do the cans throw enough heat? I ran mine on the y pipe last season and might move it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
And one more important thing..... if you run the sled without the pot in the base unit, the locking mechanism rattles around and will wear out rather quickly. I learned this by experience and have an extra pot because of it.

Attachments

• post-39603-1258499052.jpg
    post-39603-1258499052.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And one more important thing..... if you run the sled without the pot in the base unit, the locking mechanism rattles around and will wear out rather quickly. I learned this by experience and have an extra pot because of it.

Should have told them. Bet they would have sent you a new one.. Hot pot is very good about it, as I found out. No questions asked on a new base.

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Yes, they have to be tight! As I said in the beginning, the screw clamps tend to loosen with the hot and cold tendencies of the exhaust, therefore the spring type clamps on the clam shell work wonders. I still like to use two as it helps to keep things tight.

Cutting into the clam shell was no problem. I have done this on a lot of Doo's and have never had a problem so it is old hat now. I have saved the insulation pieces just incase this motor runs a little hotter. I can go through 3 pots a day; garlic shrimp for an apperitif, wings, ribs, or scallops (or whatever) for the main course, and a nice pineapple upside down cake for dessert at the truck when I'm finished.

The part number for the Doo clamp is....... 514054408 Retaining clamp and the spring is 514053643

Thanks for the info and pics,,,,got my pot and clamps coming. Warm snacks yum yum :d

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looks like my pipe is coming off my sled.

If you want the best spot ever if you have a can on you Ski doo XP
easy install and easy access:beer:
sure beats taking off the front acces hood and cuting into heat sheild
and have possible oil getting on belt.

Here are the pic's:d

Attachments

• IMG_3338.jpg
    IMG_3338.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 238

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Now there is a choice to make. I think closer to the y-pipe is hotter and I've cooked on XP's since they came out and no problem with grease on the belt. The hood take-off is a minor problem and not much worse than opening the side panel. But, to each their own! As long as they get hot and cook:d:d:d

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the best spot ever if you have a can on you Ski doo XP
easy install and easy access:beer:
sure beats taking off the front acces hood and cuting into heat sheild
and have possible oil getting on belt.

Here are the pic's:d

This is where my ridding buddies and I mounted ours. A trick though that StgSuby came up with was to build a base of tinfoil, it will distribute heat better and more evenly, and it springloads the gearclamp due to compression on the tinfoil. No problems so far... I know he posted in a thread some pics of it so if I find it I will repost it here too

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran a Muffpot all last year, I love Muffs. Still going strong , no issues other than the clamp loosening up a little. Keep the clamp tight and your good to go. Mounted on the y pipe 2010 800 Dragon.:beer:

Hey Riverjet, do you have any pictures to show where you mounted your muff pot? I have a 2010 RMK 800 and tried to mount it on the Y pipe but my muff pot does not stay clamped in the mounting braket.

Top Bottom