mud quads?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my 850. great power and reliability. the comfort is great to compared to the older polaris's. i have a 3" lift and 30" tires and i have yet to get stuck. i got the power steering model and i will never go back. you can steer the thing with one finger even with 30" meets. put the thing in 4x4 and you can't even tell because it gets no harder to steer. 4x4 system is the best imo. push the switch and go. no lockers to worrry about, no 3wd. all 4 tires are always turning.

I agree,,all I have done is changed the tires to maxxis Bighorns
For my riding it's perfect.

Daughter's boyfriends otty is in the shop again,4 trips out 4 trips to the shop..No riding for him this weekend. my :twocents:

Get a polaris:d

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like the 850 polaris is rode they got tons of power, and they handel IMOP better then the outtys I rode and renegade well its close , they are so smooth you dont relize your doing 95k or more down a trail, the suspension takes the whoops really well, 4x4 seems to work realy nice in the mud and skeg. Good chance Ill get the 850 popo next time never thought I would say it but I really like what polaris has made 850 xp get my vote. Pluse the popo has a way stronger frame .

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree,,all I have done is changed the tires to maxxis Bighorns
For my riding it's perfect.

Daughter's boyfriends otty is in the shop again,4 trips out 4 trips to the shop..No riding for him this weekend. my :twocents:

Get a polaris:d

Holy crap, he must have gotten a total dud. Aside from my own abuse and stupidity, my Outty has treated me a lot better than I have treated it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, he must have gotten a total dud. Aside from my own abuse and stupidity, my Outty has treated me a lot better than I have treated it.

It is a POS,,,really the wives rzr has gone more places,,,
She has laughed at him a few times

H2O

Reaction score
My Canam is quicker in a dragrace than the 850 popo. The 850 has deceiving power, and is the "Cadillac" ride of the two. Power steering is a must IMO on any new quad.

The Canam is a little smaller dimension wise and makes for a better tight technical ride.

The 850 is a bit better for steep off camber rides than the 800 outy.

Overall I would have a real hard time choosing one over the other.

Both have been excellent for repairs or reliability so far.

I am just glad I have both.

I have ridden both the kingquad and the grizzly I really like these machines...... Just not the power, sound and funfactor of the twins.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO i would go can-am they have tough drivetrains, hardly any axle or diff failures if you do not lift them, get around with the best of 'em.

now here i am gonna stir the pot but not trying too, the half of all brute forces I HAVE SEEN have blown motors at really low hours.

i would not go yamaha either as their lockers seem to be made by fisher price. most of the rhino's i ride with all have stripped lockers(including mine) friend stripped his locker in his griz on stock tires/stock motor.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If were talking off the show room floor mud quads?

there is only 1 company thats really doing it and thats Arcitc cat mudpros either the 700 or the 1000 depending on your speed wish .. higher ground clearance stock than some lifted atvs . easy to work on and clean wider , clutch kitted , snorkled, beefy axels. all from factory cant go wrong.

Smidgy

Reaction score
If were talking off the show room floor mud quads?

there is only 1 company thats really doing it and thats Arcitc cat mudpros either the 700 or the 1000 depending on your speed wish .. higher ground clearance stock than some lifted atvs . easy to work on and clean wider , clutch kitted , snorkled, beefy axels. all from factory cant go wrong.

I would totally agree that is one mean machine with the factory mud tires, snorkels, and gearing....,but I have run with a mudpro 700 while I was on my grizzly 700 and even in the mud I was still able to out do him, granted that my tires are not stock and I have never seen a 1000 go, and we never were in deep mud to where I needed a snorkel which he had, (grizzly 700 intakes are one of the highest stock), and maybe some of it was driver.....but I was not impressed when it seems that my bike just had an easier time with tire deep thick black mud. I have seen him get hung up on logs and such that I have driven right over...he has more gc to the highest point, but for some reason I easily drove over and he didn't... Another notable point about these bikes is that they are heavy! And I can still drive away from him on hard pack, I have to give it to ac for making a nice mud bike, but I am still not that impressed with that bike, it seems to be one directional but for me the only thing that it does better than my grizzly is that the stock intakes are higher.

adam5187

Reaction score
I run a 2005 sportsman 800 with 28" mudlights, and a turbo setup with 6lbs of boost. It will run in the skeg with anythiing even with it's extra wieght, and stays together. I ride up in northern Alberta and we ride with all kinds of makes, and have seen all different brands stuck, and broke. To me it comes down to how good your dealer treats you WHEN you do break something.lol.

Top Bottom