MTNTK blow hole

AC4life

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, just wondering if anyone is using this set up? I've read good things about it but would like some first hand experiences with it before making the order. I am hoping to go this route rather then hacking up the hook and side panels doing venting. Any input would be great!

tyman212

Reaction score
Been running this for 2 years now on my 15 cat. Little tough on the install with having to trim the belt guard and cut the hole in the panel to make it fit nice. But man does that pull heat out of the engine. So much that snow doesn't melt out around the can at all. One thought on this is. It should be on the exhaust side pulling the hot air out there and allowing cold air in around the clutches. Not pulling the hot air over and around the clutches. But I'm sure the air moving helps keep them cooler than without. I have never compared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you blow a belt it could melt down the little fan motor if belt crap gets in there. Also had the wiring short out, but that was an install issue. Works well tho for heat removal.

i just run a mesh hood now and no blow hole

AC4life

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yah im just trying to decide whether to do venting or go with the blow hole. The price is probably pretty close to the same for both options but i just like the idea of not having to cut up your side panels to install venting. Obviously i care more about performance then appearance tho so i will cut em if i have too haha. Thinking ill probably give the blow hole a try. One more question is that in colder weather conditions do you guys unplug your fan or do you let it run all the time regardless of temperature? Thanks.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband runs one on his '14 Cat. It's been pretty effective in keeping his belt cooler and less blown belts. He had quite a bit of venting in his '13 that didn't do anything near what the Blow Hole does. He went with less venting and the blow hole on the '14, tried it out first and the belts were heating pretty quick so he added the fan, and there's a big difference. He keeps his running all the time too, all weather. We ran the same sleds, but he has 100lbs on me and rides harder than I do, but we'd do the same runs, then do a test and his belts were always smoking hot and mine were warm. He always had to stop and open his panels to cool them off, now he can keep them pretty cool and run it pretty hard for much longer.

Top Bottom