pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9d643a73b0497ce9b14f4e8de99787f7.jpg

76d2049ca3a10fce17ed982574765cea.jpg

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dobeck box.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 691

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen that on snowest, looks pretty sweet mpi.. If they have a fuel box that works from day one in all temps and elevations this could be a real winner looking at quality and complexiabity..

Lets hope they they built the motor stron enough to to with hold 300hp day in day out..

4grand$$

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MPI = Junk Fuel System.... The Gems has never worked.

Can you not just swap out for a boostit controller that seems to work for everyone??
New to turbo info but this has really caught my eye. I am not looking for crazy power but a healthy gain for sure from stock - a bucket list thing.

Is there a distributor in Edmonton??

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you not just swap out for a boostit controller that seems to work for everyone??
New to turbo info but this has really caught my eye. I am not looking for crazy power but a healthy gain for sure from stock - a bucket list thing.

Is there a distributor in Edmonton??

I don't believe that Boost-it would sell you an XIC controller for another manufacturer's system. They have in the past however supporting the tuning of an already poorly running(Why else would you swap out the fuel controller in the first place?) turbo kit would be a thankless task that is less likely to get them repeat business.

I do know Boost-it currently is putting the finishing touches on their kit. I would say the wise choice is to wait and see what all the manufacturers come out with in the coming months and make an informed decision then.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that Boost-it would sell you an XIC controller for another manufacturer's system. They have in the past however supporting the tuning of an already poorly running(Why else would you swap out the fuel controller in the first place?) turbo kit would be a thankless task that is less likely to get them repeat business.

I do know Boost-it currently is putting the finishing touches on their kit. I would say the wise choice is to wait and see what all the manufacturers come out with in the coming months and make an informed decision then.

OK Thanks
I am in no rush and will run the sled stock for the first two months.
Just looking at simplicity and MPI kit looks like it for low boost.
Just don't see MPI putting out a bad product with all their success with the Yami 4strokes.
Will wait to hear some product reviews by mid January.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MPI = $5400 Canadian without shipping crappy box and their first 2 stoke turbo...
Boost it low end power kit will likely be under $6000 like the XM, comes with good box, local support and 2 stroke turbo ain't new to them...
Seems like a no brainer to me?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MPI = $5400 Canadian without shipping crappy box and their first 2 stoke turbo...
Boost it low end power kit will likely be under $6000 like the XM, comes with good box, local support and 2 stroke turbo ain't new to them...

I agree, only time will tell if the MPI is worth it. With time I'm hoping it will be, especially with the EPA testing.

We all know that mpi started yamaha on their way into the factory turbo, and maybe in the future the new 850 and a turbo may have factory warranty.

Ive been on a MPI prototype Viper and it was pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll never see a dobeck box on any of my machines

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yah it's a no brainer! Boost it all the way. I have yet to here a bad thing about boost it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dobeck box work awesome after they went with the sequential fire box had mine 3 years now, never misses a beat.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dobec is working ok for me too.. Cant knock it till its been tried tested and proven to not work.. all heresay

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put an MPI sticker on my wheel barrel..

I'm certain if your an Alberta, Sask, BC peep go Boost-it.. The product is top notch and the owners use it where you use it..

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with lots of boost it last year, they run good, but still not perfect.. Defiantly tune or intercooled related..

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MPI was heavily supported by BRP at the Haydays sled drags. They were actually set up in the same booth if i remember correctly. If BRP is helping the out it will be a great product.

Top Bottom