MPI Apex Booster Cables

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get one of these. Anyone know of anyone in Canada selling them?

[media]http://www.mountainperformance.com/images/charging_cable800.jpg[/media]

They plug into the light socket on any sled to charge your battery.

Anyone in Edmonton area interested in sharing the shipping costs on an order?

Team Stunned and Stuck

Reaction score
Website
www.overthetop.ca
Just a thought ? Your out rididng, you roll your sled and rip your lights wire out or its harness, and you need a boost ? What's wrong with a god small set of jumpers ? I mean, if your under the hood anyway(to boost a sled) why mess around with a light socket and take the chance of breaking it as well from disconecting it while its cold and brittle ? Just a thought, maybe I'm missing something here......I am stunned ya know.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these jumper cables are for going from a 2stroke headlight to help jump/charge a 4stroke battery.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get one of these. Anyone know of anyone in Canada selling them?

[media]http://www.mountainperformance.com/images/charging_cable800.jpg[/media]

They plug into the light socket on any sled to charge your battery.

Anyone in Edmonton area interested in sharing the shipping costs on an order?

I'll bring the wife she can boost me from her Apex or vice versa lol. If all else fails were walking. These look like a good idea... All the buds are running 2smoke and still have their headlights lol

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll bring the wife she can boost me from her Apex or vice versa lol. If all else fails were walking. These look like a good idea... All the buds are running 2smoke and still have their headlights lol

Yup...all my buds have 2 strokes also....these are to boost from any sled 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Only way normal booster cables work is if someone you're with has a battery!

Anyways....I'm ordering a set in the next couple weeks if anyone wants to share the shipping costs...I think they're a must.:)

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem that I can see with this setup is.... the headlights on the newer sleds aren't exactly easy to get at. Could you not just use the 12v jack?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a set from Riverside Yamaha in St Albert

Please tell us what you think of them if you have used them yet or tried out on a buddies 2smoke headlight. Any info on compatibility with head light sockets would be great. Thanks... I'm not sure if all brand sleds use same bulb socket or not... I can see handing your 2smoke buddy 5 bucks for fuel while he charges your batt from his headlight ha ha, maybe 10 bucks lol... Bring cash for the hills boys lol.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just made up a short set of booster cables today. First time we are carrying them since switching to 4 strokes in 2003. Now that my son has a 7S battery on his sled I am thinking it is a good idea. As far as getting a boost, there are getting to be lot's of four strokes around now and you can only trickle charge through the headlight wiring anyway.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just made up a short set of booster cables today. First time we are carrying them since switching to 4 strokes in 2003. Now that my son has a 7S battery on his sled I am thinking it is a good idea. As far as getting a boost, there are getting to be lot's of four strokes around now and you can only trickle charge through the headlight wiring anyway.

Yes you're right but I don't want to sit on the back side of a mountain by myself while my group goes off to find a 4 stroke back near the cabin....

even though you can only trickle charge, better to sit and have lunch or a snack while it charges and be on your way.

One thing that I can see that would be better would be to use the 12v jack intead-much easier to get at. Im gonna make a set this week I think...my bro in law has been razzing me ever since I bought this sled so I don't want to give him any reason to keep going...

other thing I might do is install a block heater...they're pretty cheap and you could just run it off of a battery inverter. Last time I had my apex outside at -30 for 2 days, it started the first day but not the second.

Zedeff

Reaction score
They ordered them in for me a couple of years ago. Haven't had to use them yet.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem that I can see with this setup is.... the headlights on the newer sleds aren't exactly easy to get at. Could you not just use the 12v jack?

I've been thinking about this....Maybe there is a reason they want you to use the light sockets....if you didn't use the lights and instead the 12v jack, you may be drawing too much power from the 2 stroke by having the lights running and drawing power through the 12 jack....any thoughts?

Top Bottom