Mounting new Ski Doo gas caddy

georgiaboy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought a new type gas caddy with the lever attachment (no more strap). The directions are just pics with no instructions, measurement or anything of any use. I'm mounting it on an 08 summit 154". Any advice or pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a sticker kit you have to buy to mount it that has better directions. I mounted mine on a xp without the sticker kit and had to shim the one side with washers to make it work till i picked up the linq stickers.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to buy one for my sons 2012 summit it was $10 for the instructions from Martins i let them know my feeling about it wasn't there fault .The packages is a couple stickers and the measurements and the size of drill bit you need .The 2013 summits and other models have small divots marking the proper position to drill the hole

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to buy one for my sons 2012 summit it was $10 for the instructions from Martins i let them know my feeling about it wasn't there fault .The packages is a couple stickers and the measurements and the size of drill bit you need .The 2013 summits and other models have small divots marking the proper position to drill the hole
That's kinda of BS that you have to pay for the instructions, I would tell them to suck the big one

tmurphy

Reaction score
I bought one as well. It came with instructions, that states you need to install the Linq decal before installing the brackets. The only problem is that the decals don't come with it. I had to order the decals separately ($10).

georgiaboy

Reaction score
OK, I'm going to the dealership this week so I'll try to get the instructions from them. It is BS that they don't come with. Thanks for the replys.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two trips to the dealer, one wasted day trying to figure it out. 10 extra dollars for installation instruction... maybe they will add gst tax as well. Now why are you pissed?

cdybka

Reaction score
Bought the linq but riverside was out of decals ," you don't need them " didn't tell me the measurements are in that kit ...

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted one on my wifes sled without any decals. Slow and steady. Measure twice, drill once! The hole center to centers are easy enough to get for each side, where it gets a bit sketchy is how far apart to drill from one side to the other.

Top Bottom