Mounting Licence Plate

Whitetail7

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Where's the best place to mount a plate on the sled? I have a Summit and was thinking of riveting it to the side of the aluminum frame just below and slightly behind the seat. I just have it temporarily attached to the rear bumper with zip ties right now.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On two of ours they stay under the seat in a bag.....with the registration and insurance...the rest have them rivited on the side...

Have not been stopped yet so not saying it's a good place.....

Ozzy421

Reaction score
I bolted mine on the flap, no drilling tunnel, or zip ties and its usually covered in snow so i never see it....

Whitetail7

Reaction score
Does the plate actually have to be visible? If not then under the seat would be a great place.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does the plate actually have to be visible? If not then under the seat would be a great place.

I think that depends on the officer you run into, I'd like to have an official word on that from somewhere too.

As a dealer we do not affix our plates, we carry them in a bag with insurance and registration in the seat.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was stopped by the County Mountie just off 28. Had it under the seat, all he cared about was if it was registered and insured, not where the plate was.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
However like Tyler says it is up to discretion of the Officer, here is the official regulations

Licence plates
18(1) The Registrar must issue an off-highway licence plate for an
off-highway vehicle if the Registrar issues a certificate of
registration for the off-highway vehicle.
(2) The Registrar must issue off-highway vehicle licence plates in
the number and of the type and colour approved by the Minister.
(3) The owner of an off-highway vehicle must attach the licence
plate issued under subsection (1) securely to the front or rear of the
off-highway vehicle so that the licence plate is clearly visible.
Condition of plates

19 No person shall drive an off-highway vehicle if the licence
plate is not securely attached, legible and clearly visible to other
drivers at all times.

I'm going to keep mine under the seat and hope I don't run into a D*ck officer, as I don't feel like drilling any holes in my tunnel or attaching it to the snowflap just to have the track eat it

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
believe it or NOT ,, I was told by Rent a cop (opps county mounty) it should be mounted on the front, so that being said behind the windshield or in front of it. I am NOT drilling HOLES in my sled !!!!!! This is so that they can do a quick ID on the sled in case it is stolen or whatever.. The fines are steep in the county's of Strathcona & Wetaskiwin. Don't get caught.. You can also get a ticket for not having your drivers licence on you. Some of these LAWS are BS as far as I am concerned.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I did rivot it to the side of the tunnel. Have never had a problem. As stated above they really only care if it is registered and insured!!

Hitchguy

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm might just rivet mine on the front and re-inforce the skid plate:d:d:d they said front or rear just sayin :)

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Keep mine under the seat. Been pulled over in Revy once and cop didn't ask squat about the sleds on my deck without plates. He was just hoping he could snag an impaired driver leaving the Regent. Waste of his time :d Wish he was trolling for thiefs in hotel parking lots instead.

Top Bottom