Mountain Cat 151' 02

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just got an 02 mountain cat 800 and was wondering what mods I could get for under 1k. I don't want to spend much money. (Don't have enough money to just throw at it). So, any idea's are great thanks. And P.S. Already have a can.:confused:

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get on flea bay and pick up some reeds and a airbox ,shouldnt cost more than $300.00, then get a clutch kit you will happy :nono:

kamikaze cat

Reaction score
rebuild your clutches new springs and rock rollers in your secondary as the stock rollers like to wear out fast. not really a mod but good clutching will make a big difference.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D&D pipe and Y-pipe are good for a few ponies. Check the forum classifieds, usually a pipe or two for sale. Check squish and shave the head, most of those 800's were failry out of spec. That will be good for a bit more pop. Clutching for sure. Get yourself a torque arm from SLP or Sno-TeK to hold that torque monster of an engine in place. You won't rgret it and it's a cheap addition. Be sure clutches are well aligned before adding the torque arm. Open up the airbox to get more air into it, these 800's tend to run fairly rich although the mountain cats run a slightly hotter timing curve than my ZR. Good strong engine. You will like it alot.

Top Bottom