Mountain Aire Lodge

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a FLUZ map at a forestry or bike shop, there are areas you are not allowed to ride in and can get large fines, confiscation etc. be informed of where you can ride, as you can not ride just anywhere. because of the you can ride anywhere crowd we have areas that are shut down

Medler, you cannot just shoot out a you can ride anywhere statement, unless you would like to help with the fines and maybe day in court.

hnmtruax

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if anyone new of any circle trails or something with any interesting sites or views. Our group will include experianced and rookie quaders. Any info would be great. Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are lots of riding areas that are open. i'd suggest a good gps and mark your location as you go. trails look the same after a while. you will be able to ride most areas east of the forest trunk road, but get a map as you may not be smiling if caught in an unopen area. stay out of panther corners, upper clearwater fluz. forestry likes to hand out the fines.

have fun, be safe, don't ride alone.

Last edited:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Anything in Dormer/sheep fluz is open,(south of Panther River) the Panther mainline is closed to ATV's,,,,, west of Mountainaire Lodge,,,,,,, we did some cutblocks off of the Compressor rd atkm 8 on the Panter and I saw some awsome trails there!!! there are some hills that may challenge the rookies, but nothing too bad that I saw. There are some nice views now looking towards Ya-Ha- Tinda,,,, the Dog Rib fire as well. I would suggest getting a fluz map, there are some trails that may head into Banff park???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are some real nice areas near limestone. stay off the forestry road unless you have licence and insurance. stay out of all campground areas even the parking lots, forestry likes to give out the welcome invitations.

Know the rules, or have your wallet lightened. i know.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
get a FLUZ map at a forestry or bike shop, there are areas you are not allowed to ride in and can get large fines, confiscation etc. be informed of where you can ride, as you can not ride just anywhere. because of the you can ride anywhere crowd we have areas that are shut down

Medler, you cannot just shoot out a you can ride anywhere statement, unless you would like to help with the fines and maybe day in court.

Aren't the areas that are closed marked ????If they are not marked then how the heck are they gonna give you fines if there is no signage?And if there is signage saying do not enter ,,then do not enter ,,,it seems pretty clear to me ,,Thats what i meant by my reply :beer: I don't own a FLUZ map but i should get one.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the areas that are closed marked ????If they are not marked then how the heck are they gonna give you fines if there is no signage?And if there is signage saying do not enter ,,then do not enter ,,,it seems pretty clear to me ,,Thats what i meant by my reply :beer:

not always and it is up to you to find out. there are so many trails that it is cost prohibited. your point of view will get you ticketed and in the court house as the forest officers don't care and like handing out welcome to alberta papers.

Top Bottom