Motorhome with sled deck or sledderhome

mcsorely

Reaction score
Project completed

It started with my son wanting to fit his dirt bike in his old motorhome And well the project grew from there We searched the inter web and could not find one so we figured someone had to go first

we worked on the project off an on over the summer with lots of do overs

End result is close to what we envisioned. Holds 4 bikes or 2 sleds

couple notes

Class c frame stopped 2 feet before end of motorhome so lots of welding required
lots of weight management to stay legal
lots of water management to keep the bed under the deck dry
it handles the same now as it did before (if you have driven a class c you will know what I mean)

if you ever see it and want to have closer look just tell him you saw it on snow and mud

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_4069.jpg
    IMG_4069.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 591

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks good. Thanks for sharing it with us :beer:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great. What use to be at the back of the motorhome ?
What's left inside. Kitchen and dining table. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mcsorely

Reaction score
Motorhome had a strange setup it had a big booth in the back with a table that made into a bed which was useless because it already had a table booth behind the driver
so basicaly lost a big bed that and a bunch of cupboards

Still has full bath, kitchen, kitchen table for 4 with seat belts, hot water , furnace, sleeps 5. But realistically 3 separate beds

Last edited:

X-rated

Reaction score
Believe me , I know how poorly a class C moho handles from the factory but I can't believe this buggy would even go down the road with that much extra weight that far behind the rear axle.

mcsorely

Reaction score
I Thought the same thing when we started project

Goal was to remove or move as much weight closer to the axle as possible. An example was complete removal of the 35 gallon Grey water tank (drains to the ground now) that was located at the very back of the motorhome

Less side wall on the motorhome and rear air bags help a lot too

That said we had it out a couple days when we had those big gust of wind in central Alberta and it was a hand full

X-rated

Reaction score
Ya....You don't really drive them, it's more like herding them!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curious to know the weight on the steering axle now compared to original setup, dont know if its an optical illusion but the steering axle appears to be waaaaay light going by the clearance on the steering and drive tires. Looks real ass heavy. Good drive axle traction, just cant steer. Wouldnt want to meet you on a twisty stretch of BC highway in a snow storm.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kool project bro, had 33' V-Nosie turned into toy hauler with living quarters for BC,,, 10 ish years, then sled deck live in truck system on and off for 16 ish years traveling light threw out the Americas.

The above unit is number 4 or 5 living cabin on wheels.

Full power system, set up living any where for 4 too 7 day outings.
Awesome on gas with 2 wheel drive small motor, sled back in the day, now tracked up quad for all.

Lots of Western Americas with this set-up coming up.
Frugal on fuel for distance.
Light and fast too play-grounds.
Rigged 24/7 365 at all times.
Alaska, Canada, USA, and edges of Mexico.

Alway ready at the drop of a helmit to explore some-where no where.

Keep up the dream as it takes one far.

Lem

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I think it's pretty awesome, great job. The only thing I can think of is with all the time and effort is why no 4x4 conversion?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty awesome, great job. The only thing I can think of is with all the time and effort is why no 4x4 conversion?

If its something a guy can do with his son we all know a little money and a LOT of time is every bit worth it. I wouldn't doubt they been thinkin of other mods all the while. Put a heavy Dear or Moose catcher on front and it will fix the weight distribution thing quick enough. Lol

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of weight distribution, I was thinking more along the lines of getting in and out of muddy/snowy staging areas. Like i said before it's a pretty awesome idea.

mcsorely

Reaction score
Bull horns and a light bar for added weight up front and aero.
Tire chains for traction ish
big back hitch to pull from too. Pretty sure bull horns are not going to hold so tow hooks on the front are coming soon

summer and dirt bikes but plan is to use it for sled spring rides in areas where hotels are far away

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 124

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bull horns and a light bar for added weight up front and aero.
Tire chains for traction ish
big back hitch to pull from too. Pretty sure bull horns are not going to hold so tow hooks on the front are coming soon

summer and dirt bikes but plan is to use it for sled spring rides in areas where hotels are far away

cheers
Ah new it BIG FRONT BUMPER is next

Top Bottom