Motorfst... SUPER SEXY NEW Ladies gear.. sneak peek!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your survival comment about peeing capability is a really good point momma. I grew up sledding in bibs (which was lots of trail riding, campfires & food) and I remember the large chore it was to go pee. Hated it, had to put all your layers on sled seat, get real cold, and re-gear as fast as possible. When the rear drop was created that was soo cool. I think all womens bib pants should come with this feature, as well as the option of 'Tall' like mens pants do. Like you i prefer the half pants, and it does keep me warmer in the times of needing to pee, but I do drink less water per say because I don't want to have to deal with going pee.

Also the tether loop is a major must on the jacket. Loops should come on pants and jackets, always. I know klim puts them on there women's jackets for sure. I always use jacket tether loop. Would also like to see mesh in the arm air vents more. Most(I think all but would have to check) of my klim jacket arm vents just open fully to your mid layer or base layer, which gets you wet when you bail in the snow, not so great. We're trying to stay dry here!

Whatever gear fits most comfortably, is warm enough and functional enough is what people are going to wear. Tmo we're not asking the manufacturers to make us 10 different colors. Momma asked what colors people would like to see, polling general opinion and ideas. If nobody screams for purple, then they wont make us purple. Same as yellow be different but I wouldn't expect it. We would just like something other than black, or pink. As that seems to be the basic Colors for women. Klim started the womens line with just black. Then expanded to black and pink. Then black pink or grey. Now there may be 4 colors. Don't think its to extravagant to think they could make us 3-4 colors, the standard black and pink then something else. Same as mid layers, offer black and offer something different. The variety in style choices alone in mens gear is more work than adding a single color option to the few items that are in the womens lines. And a lot of the mens gear usually has 2-4 color options (in klim and tobe gear at least it seems), maybe they should cut that back to allow budget for womens colors (KIDDING)

JMO

Curious about TOBE gear just nothing overly catches my eye to buy when I already have full gear set ups. Its comprised of both Klim & MF, and I haven't had any problems with either brand. Loving them both. Boots is my next battle, as currently only thing I enjoy wearing are thirty-two snowboard boots.

JMO

Which prompts the question.........which is better for you women, pants/bibs with a saggy bum with a trap door or tight/nice fitting pants/bibs and no trap door? :confused:

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which prompts the question.........which is better for you women, pants/bibs with a saggy bum with a trap door or tight/nice fitting pants/bibs and no trap door? :confused:

upon testing..... The pants for me are easy peasy. The drop seat bib works for some, for me, out of familiarity I enjoy the pants.. I have a system.... works for me lol
My rekon pants I never ha a problem in either.. I kind of look like a 15 year ol boy from da hood in them, but to get biznez done it was fine.. Where the difference for me in fit comes in is mobility while riding. When something fits well, you feel good, and don't think about what your gear is doing, you're out simply enjoying the ride.
The fit isn't about being tight, it's about simply fitting. Saggy bum-bum-itis isn't only about looks, when gear doesn't fit, sometimes the extra bulge can get caught up or bunched up in a way that either is uncomfortable or restrictive. Think about a saggy bum when you're fastening up your crotch strap on your avy bag. Extra length or not enough length on your pants because you're trying to get the waistline to fit. Stuff like that. do you wear a belt to tighten up the waist and have adequate length, or do you have a waist that fits and have gators that ride too high up your boots because you're trying to get the waist to fit properly. Trying to have a Jacket that fits your woman like upper torso, with enough arm length, but for man cuts the shoulders can be wayyyyy to big so your avalanche bag shoulder straps bunch up and cause pressure points. That kind of stuff. We are women, we are built different.. just how it is.
to have gear that fits is a wonderful feeling. If you aren't thinking about your gear it's doing exactly what it was made to do.

Last edited:

Gromit

Reaction score
Great to hear that the women's line is being expanded.

For Tall sizing, please make the sleeves and back on the jackets longer. The Klim women's jackets are 2 - 4 inches too short in the sleeves and the back of the jackets are about 4" too short. For the back of the jackets, I am referring to the length to the waist and not the length to the bottom of the hem (hope you're not confused). I would like to have the waist on the jacket fall at my waist and not under my armpits. Also, the shoulders are not roomy enough. I have a men's Klim Valdez jacket that fits fairly decently.

I have the Klim pants in tall and the shoulder straps are too short. Leg length fits me OK but someone forgot that a tall person is quite often longer in the back and hence, the shoulder straps are too short. Adding another 4" of elastic is a fairly inexpensive fix but one that the consumer should not have to make at home. Also, I don't have an hourglass shape so the women's pants are big in the butt when I get it to fit my waist the butt is bunchy. There should be more waist adjustment.

Hopefully the standard of quality will be at least as good as Klim. I've had my Klim gear for 7 years and have never had anything fail - no zippers breaking, no leaking or getting wet. It would be nice to have an alternative choice. A colour selection is nice to have but the main objective is to have QUALITY in the clothing.

My $.02 OR should that be $.05 since the penny is no longer in circulation.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that the women's line is being expanded.

For Tall sizing, please make the sleeves and back on the jackets longer. The Klim women's jackets are 2 - 4 inches too short in the sleeves and the back of the jackets are about 4" too short. For the back of the jackets, I am referring to the length to the waist and not the length to the bottom of the hem (hope you're not confused). I would like to have the waist on the jacket fall at my waist and not under my armpits. Also, the shoulders are not roomy enough. I have a men's Klim Valdez jacket that fits fairly decently.

I have the Klim pants in tall and the shoulder straps are too short. Leg length fits me OK but someone forgot that a tall person is quite often longer in the back and hence, the shoulder straps are too short. Adding another 4" of elastic is a fairly inexpensive fix but one that the consumer should not have to make at home. Also, I don't have an hourglass shape so the women's pants are big in the butt when I get it to fit my waist the butt is bunchy. There should be more waist adjustment.

Hopefully the standard of quality will be at least as good as Klim. I've had my Klim gear for 7 years and have never had anything fail - no zippers breaking, no leaking or getting wet. It would be nice to have an alternative choice. A colour selection is nice to have but the main objective is to have QUALITY in the clothing.

My $.02 OR should that be $.05 since the penny is no longer in circulation.

What the penny isnt in circulation anymore?!?!?!?! Now im REALLY confused! When did this happen? So my pennies arent worth anything anymore?????

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the penny isnt in circulation anymore?!?!?!?! Now im REALLY confused! When did this happen? So my pennies arent worth anything anymore?????

The Canadian Mint no longer circulates pennies as of Feb 4th. Stores will always continue to accept pennies, but you won't get them as change anymore. Totals will now be rounded to the nearest $0.05 for all cash transactions, if you use credit or debit, it will still be charged to the nearest cent.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Real tall sizes ? Or "tall" sizes for size large. And 33" inseam does not count as tall.

Amen sister. Im only 5'11" and my inseam is 35! You know me I have to sew length onto all my pants at least 4-5" and 3-4" in the arms. Thank goodness I know how to but it would be nice not having to for once. Even if the pants came with a zip on extension! Once you sew these garments you need to re seam seal the new stitching to keep it waterproof as well. Ugh more work! Lol
one day richelle one day:)

Last edited:

La Nina Sled Camp

Reaction score
Website
www.laninasledcamp.ca
I totally agree! The new Contessa line coming out this fall is going to be amazing, it is so nice to have a product that is designed for women in the mountains!!! It is just as durable as the mens line but made for us lady shredders! Also, the built in knee pads are awesome and keeping my legs in a little better shape this winter for sure!
I have also been testing out this product and you can see some photos at in addition to all the great photos posted by Momma :)

Cheers girls and enjoy the snow this week!

Nadine

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about for us shortys? We have the opposite problem when it comes to pants... instead of having to lengthen them we have to get them hemmed

Jackets too... always to long in the torso and sleeves :(

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about for us shortys? We have the opposite problem when it comes to pants... instead of having to lengthen them we have to get them hemmed

Jackets too... always to long in the torso and sleeves :(

Piggers can you message me your Measurements and I'll see if I can figure it out. I think you'll be ok though, as there is an adjustable velcro waist. I'll do some Grissom work on the length aspect of your legs and arms. I'd so love for this to work for you!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree! The new Contessa line coming out this fall is going to be amazing, it is so nice to have a product that is designed for women in the mountains!!! It is just as durable as the mens line but made for us lady shredders! Also, the built in knee pads are awesome and keeping my legs in a little better shape this winter for sure!
I have also been testing out this product and you can see some photos at in addition to all the great photos posted by Momma :)

Cheers girls and enjoy the snow this week!

Nadine

Awesome Nadine! Holy Pow Batman!!!!! Hmmmm..... I'm thinking you and I need to get together for some QT T.... Quality Testing Time! :) If you are in this area let me know! I have a bazillion kids and dogs and live up a mountain so I don't usually leave home much, but if you'd like to come shred this way let me know!!

OOO the boots... I've had peeps stop me on the street and ask about my boots! lol. Not neccesarily sledders even. They look bad arse and the touch of BAM with the lace color catches people's eyes. I like that they have conformed to my feet. Comfy and wicked traction. I wear them at work every day, and of course Riding. Comfy and Good support!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Piggers can you message me your Measurements and I'll see if I can figure it out. I think you'll be ok though, as there is an adjustable velcro waist. I'll do some Grissom work on the length aspect of your legs and arms. I'd so love for this to work for you!!

Thanks for the thought Trish... don't worry about it. I can't afford new gear anyways, LOL. All my money went into my sled :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No prob! :)

Here's more pics!
the kids were in charge of taking of paper protectors on my zippers.. whoopsies.. we forgot a few...
Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 257.jpg
Here is my sweetie in my trophy jacket on Bob Gnarly. She's 16!
Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 345.jpg
Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 297.jpg

Last edited:

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good but I to have an issue with the white...although if you want to color it yourself with tree bark, soot from burnt trees in those areas, dirt from spring riding and of course blood from epic crashes that is a great choice....lol

Also to be seen on a white sled with white suite in an avi or just on a trail when an idiot comes at you doing Mach 5!! Hope for the best and pray he sees you before or after impact!!??

Hope there are darker colors but not Black and hope for bibless not just bibs...We will see I guess....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The color choices available to mix and match this year are........

Light Grey and Plum
Black and Light Grey
and my fave... Plum and light Grey.

The pants are awesome. high enough in the back to stop any snow or windflow, and combined with the powder skirt in the jacket, you have a bomb proof set up. The adjustable waist provides a nice custom fut.
There are warmth, waterproofness and breathability.. and durable..... Hypothetically speaking (ok not so hypothetical) if you were to loose control of your sled and catapult yourself INTO pine spruce and fir trees and finishing off the move by running over yourself.. it will not rip... and bark stains.... come right out :p I know this already!

My color choices I think will be the Purple Jacket with the Grey pants or Purple Jacket with the Black Pants.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see safer color choices. Any chance of reds or oranges next season? Any chance of bibless for women? May stick with the mens line for that.

Top Bottom