Motorfst... SUPER SEXY NEW Ladies gear.. sneak peek!

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to the new Motofist line up but I have to say I got a sneak peak at the 2014 Klim ladies line up and it is SEXY. I will have a hard time between the 2 to make a choice. I love bright colours and I have a pair of TOBE pants and love them but unlike you MOMMA I hate pants. Nothing worse than cracking a nut in the snow and having it go up your back. Grrrrrr LOL but if I wanted bibs previous to next years line up none of the companies had the drop seat in an non insulated bib. I hate feeling like the Michelin man and I hate the restriction of the heavy insulated clothing. I think the bigger companies are finally listening to us ladies and realizing there is a huge market out there. We women will buy sledding gear if it's the right fit for our bodies, we are not all 5'4 and 100lbs soaking wet. We come in all sizes and shapes!!!
Thanks MOMMA for the sneak peak I look forward to seeing the new line up!!!!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did MF remember to add a tether loop on there women's jackets this year. The woman's line last season had none. The men's jackets have one. Pain in the butt to preach to a new rider to wear a tether when there's no loop on the clothing.

I noticed Katie does not have one on her jacket but her bib does..... but it's too high up under the jacket and looks to me will pull the jacket up when she is wearing the tether.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did MF remember to add a tether loop on there women's jackets this year. The woman's line last season had none. The men's jackets have one. Pain in the butt to preach to a new rider to wear a tether when there's no loop on the clothing.

They are too busy making it look cool or "sexy" so people can express themselves...pfft this is sledding not a gay pride parade.... Watch the price of gear go up and up due to having to make a bunch of fluorescent silly nanny colours and styles.... Have seen it happen with snowboard gear, shoes, clothes, and the list goes on and on, over the last couple decades and sledding gear will be no different..... clearly wages in the sweatshops where most of this stuff is assembled hasn't gone up and most snowboard gear hasn't really gotten any better functionality wise and definitely not durability wise, maybe looks better but that is all, Its getting ridiculous out there when I see "riders" who clearly spent double the time making sure they look cool than actually learning the mountains and how to ride them, maybe the new sleds should come with a makeup mirror so one can make sure they look their best while stuck and hey while were at it, a special pocket for tampons to make it more discreet, as far as peeing, unless I'm sitting at the cabin all day I maybe have to pee once in a day up there because I'm actually riding hard enough to use up the water I'm consuming, which is about 2.5l a day.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are too busy making it look cool or "sexy" so people can express themselves...pfft this is sledding not a gay pride parade.... Watch the price of gear go up and up due to having to make a bunch of fluorescent silly nanny colours and styles.... Have seen it happen with snowboard gear, shoes, clothes, and the list goes on and on, over the last couple decades and sledding gear will be no different..... clearly wages in the sweatshops where most of this stuff is assembled hasn't gone up and most snowboard gear hasn't really gotten any better functionality wise and definitely not durability wise, maybe looks better but that is all, Its getting ridiculous out there when I see "riders" who clearly spent double the time making sure they look cool than actually learning the mountains and how to ride them, maybe the new sleds should come with a makeup mirror so one can make sure they look their best while stuck and hey while were at it, a special pocket for tampons to make it more discreet, as far as peeing, unless I'm sitting at the cabin all day I maybe have to pee once in a day up there because I'm actually riding hard enough to use up the water I'm consuming, which is about 2.5l a day.

Look sister... why dont' you let us girls have a convo unless you want me to give you some midol and stuff so you can feel fresh and peaceful. Motorfist is a company with integrity. But thank you for your opinion on women's clothing.. I'm sure we all value it and will NOT make a move unless you agree with us :p

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron I know I hooked my tether to my pants, but I'll ask Josh about a d link on the jacket too! :)
Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 307.jpg

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm all for a women's line of gear don't get me wrong, just saying colour really shouldn't be priority, a couple options should be all,making more and more colours only will drive down the quality of gear, as costs will have to be offset somehow

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm all for a women's line of gear don't get me wrong, just saying colour really shouldn't be priority, a couple options should be all,making more and more colours only will drive down the quality of gear, as costs will have to be offset somehow

I think we can have it all, and color is a part of it. I'm glad that companies are keeping it fun, and real at the same time. I know Motorfist well, the priority is always quality then they work fashion into the picture, whic is why sometimes we may not have every color our heart desires.
Amazing Company, Amazing people, with a phenomenal product

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They definitely must pay you or give you free gear

I work with the company, as I stated above gear testing, but I would encourage you to go to the Edmonton Sled show and meet the people from the company. The owner Brad Ball saw quite often that I was absolutely Swamped, as were other dealers. He and his staff not only came to my rescue, even fitting people in other brands of clothing, but they came to all of their dealer's aid.
When they come to town for a visit they make sure to include my children. They still talk about having hot chocolate with Mike.
Any sort of Dealer support I need for fundraisers such as Search and Rescue Silent Auctions, Children's programs, My ladies Rides as well as other community events they are one hundered percent on board with
When you call the staff at the Motorfist office they always are there to help, and quickly resolve any questions or concerns we may have.
They are riders, parents, and real people, and respect all those around them. I have used the product for 3 full seasons now, and my children all wear the gear. As you know we ride a lot, so all of our stuff is put through the ringer. I am confident that my family is in some of the best gear on the planet. They will be safe, warm and dry.

Hope that answers why I am so passionate.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch the price of gear go up and up?! Just having black has really brought down the price of Klim! Klim and Motorfist have colour choices, but they are black with red, black with silver, black with black. TOBE gear has come down in price by over 20% from last year, and they have the same amount of colour choices, but they just aren't black. If you want to keep wearing black, nobody is stopping you, but don't whine about those who like to wear a bit of colour. A tampon pocket is a good idea, they are a really good piece of survival gear and I always carry a couple in my pack.
You are absolutely right, I like to wear colour, so I must be a prima donna who belongs at a gay pride parade and don't ride at all when I'm in the mountains, because I will not accept to wear just black gear.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch the price of gear go up and up?! Just having black has really brought down the price of Klim! Klim and Motorfist have colour choices, but they are black with red, black with silver, black with black. TOBE gear has come down in price by over 20% from last year, and they have the same amount of colour choices, but they just aren't black. If you want to keep wearing black, nobody is stopping you, but don't whine about those who like to wear a bit of colour. A tampon pocket is a good idea, they are a really good piece of survival gear and I always carry a couple in my pack.
You are absolutely right, I like to wear colour, so I must be a prima donna who belongs at a gay pride parade and don't ride at all when I'm in the mountains, because I will not accept to wear just black gear.

holy man I'm laughing!! High five good game bum slap! baa ha ha ha haa

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Message sent!!!! My rep Aaron was just at the store. We were laughing so hard. I know that I am a little over the top with my love for color... but Julia Caceres (Cam Hicks Girlfriend) and I both agreed that we would love long pippy longstocking socks in rainbow colors for our ride socks.. and Beautiful Base layers as well. I tend to wear my base layer every day under my work shirts, it is nice to have splashes of color.. even BAM here I am Color from time to time!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that helps Tobe gear alright, that gear is horrible when compared to Klim and mororfist, but hey if u wanna wear knock off snowboard gear and look like a 19 year old punk poser be my guest, did i say price of gear will go down no i said it'll go up with more options and sticking with a few colours and styles will help gear stay the same cost, last time i was in a shop with both Klim and motorfist the motorfist coat and pants were $50-$70 more than the Klim stuff whats with that, its not even gore tex, i know the motorfist is decent quality but the fit sux for me and the boots look like army or work boots it just doesnt seem to be as good of quality as klim yet the coat had a $520 price tag on it and the klim coat said $450 and those were the upper of both lines, not worth it IMO but hey if i got free gear id wear it to, the motorfist guy messaged me earlier in the year about their gear and i told them my griefs with it, he asked why i bought all klim this year and i told him i just didnt think MF was quite up to par for me, but hey i hope they make 20 different colours for you guys and and the price goes up another 50 or a 100 dollars and ill stick with the good stuff

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How exactly does wearing colour making someone 'look like a poser'? A poser is someone who wears something to appear to blend into a certain group. You can't look like a poser, you can only be a poser. In the case of sledding, 90% of guys out there wear black, so wearing colour is the exact opposite of being a poser.
You obviously missed my sarcasm in my last post. I meant that Klim making mostly black gear, has not helped them keep the price of their gear down. Klim has just as many colour options as Motorfist or TOBE does in any given year, their colours just aren't as bright, which is why I don't want to wear it. I'd prefer to be seen if I get caught in an avalanche, or stuck deep in the trees and need help.
Not sure how some gear not being Gore-tex makes any difference to you. Klim uses Gore-Tex, Motorfist uses eVent, and TOBE uses Dermizax. They all do exactly the same thing just as well as the other, but they are just a different brand name.
I'd love to hear why you think TOBE gear is horrible in comparison to Klim and Motorfist. For me the gear fits great over my armour and moves really well. It breathes really well, I don't get wet. Plain and simple it works.
If you want to stick to wearing black, that is fine by me, I'm not going to say, but don't come assuming things about me, or others out there because they want to wear something a little more colourful, that is just as bad as assuming something about someone by the colour of their skin...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give the Tobe a few years youll get wet and seems will tear etc etc, didnt even get three good seasons out of my Tobe gear, was about as good of quality as snowboard gear and looks the same, and if all these other materials work as good as gore tex why is it that the best outdoor gear for hunting, hiking, work, sledding etc is mostly gore tex, buddy i ride with switched to motorfist this year after 5 years with his klim because he got a smokin deal at the sled show and is very disappointed in the gear, i kinda feel bad because he asked me if motorfist was as good as klim and I said yes it was, e vent is good but not as good hands down gore tex is proven and has been proven for decades

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a post I can respect! I don't know what kind of snowboard gear you ride, but I just had to throw out a Burton coat that I had been riding for 6 years. I bailed on a stump last year and it caught the pocket and basically tore it off. Before that, I put that coat through the paces and it held up, all of my Burton gear has, the only issues I have is that I cut up around the inside of my ankles on my ski edges.
Granted, in the past Gore-tex has always been the best when it comes to waterproof/breathable fabrics, as they have been doing it the longest. A lot of companies have caught up and are making fabrics that are just as good. Gore-tex is still used so widely by clothing manufacturers because it is a recognized brand and has been for over 20 years (much longer, but I don't want to look up exact dates). Gore-tex is a great fabric, but personally for me, it doesn't work as well as I'd like. With the amount of activity I do, and how much I sweat, Gore-tex can't keep up with letting the water vapour out, before it condenses on the fabric. Once it condenses, it is stuck inside with Gore-tex. This was a major decision in me switching to Dermizax, as it moves moisture out away from the body, whether it's vapour or liquid. I'll report back on my TOBE gear in a couple years and let you know.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give the Tobe a few years youll get wet and seems will tear etc etc, didnt even get three good seasons out of my Tobe gear, was about as good of quality as snowboard gear and looks the same, and if all these other materials work as good as gore tex why is it that the best outdoor gear for hunting, hiking, work, sledding etc is mostly gore tex, buddy i ride with switched to motorfist this year after 5 years with his klim because he got a smokin deal at the sled show and is very disappointed in the gear, i kinda feel bad because he asked me if motorfist was as good as klim and I said yes it was, e vent is good but not as good hands down gore tex is proven and has been proven for decades

I bought a pair of TOBE pants this year, I have worn them 5 times and have been wet each time. We have had spring like conditions but still for the price I am really dissapointed. I will go back to klim next year unless Motofist comes out with some gear I like and that will keep me dry.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your survival comment about peeing capability is a really good point momma. I grew up sledding in bibs (which was lots of trail riding, campfires & food) and I remember the large chore it was to go pee. Hated it, had to put all your layers on sled seat, get real cold, and re-gear as fast as possible. When the rear drop was created that was soo cool. I think all womens bib pants should come with this feature, as well as the option of 'Tall' like mens pants do. Like you i prefer the half pants, and it does keep me warmer in the times of needing to pee, but I do drink less water per say because I don't want to have to deal with going pee.

Also the tether loop is a major must on the jacket. Loops should come on pants and jackets, always. I know klim puts them on there women's jackets for sure. I always use jacket tether loop. Would also like to see mesh in the arm air vents more. Most(I think all but would have to check) of my klim jacket arm vents just open fully to your mid layer or base layer, which gets you wet when you bail in the snow, not so great. We're trying to stay dry here!

Whatever gear fits most comfortably, is warm enough and functional enough is what people are going to wear. Tmo we're not asking the manufacturers to make us 10 different colors. Momma asked what colors people would like to see, polling general opinion and ideas. If nobody screams for purple, then they wont make us purple. Same as yellow be different but I wouldn't expect it. We would just like something other than black, or pink. As that seems to be the basic Colors for women. Klim started the womens line with just black. Then expanded to black and pink. Then black pink or grey. Now there may be 4 colors. Don't think its to extravagant to think they could make us 3-4 colors, the standard black and pink then something else. Same as mid layers, offer black and offer something different. The variety in style choices alone in mens gear is more work than adding a single color option to the few items that are in the womens lines. And a lot of the mens gear usually has 2-4 color options (in klim and tobe gear at least it seems), maybe they should cut that back to allow budget for womens colors (KIDDING)

JMO

Curious about TOBE gear just nothing overly catches my eye to buy when I already have full gear set ups. Its comprised of both Klim & MF, and I haven't had any problems with either brand. Loving them both. Boots is my next battle, as currently only thing I enjoy wearing are thirty-two snowboard boots.

JMO

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your survival comment about peeing capability is a really good point momma. I grew up sledding in bibs (which was lots of trail riding, campfires & food) and I remember the large chore it was to go pee. Hated it, had to put all your layers on sled seat, get real cold, and re-gear as fast as possible. When the rear drop was created that was soo cool. I think all womens bib pants should come with this feature, as well as the option of 'Tall' like mens pants do. Like you i prefer the half pants, and it does keep me warmer in the times of needing to pee, but I do drink less water per say because I don't want to have to deal with going pee.

Also the tether loop is a major must on the jacket. Loops should come on pants and jackets, always. I know klim puts them on there women's jackets for sure. I always use jacket tether loop. Would also like to see mesh in the arm air vents more. Most(I think all but would have to check) of my klim jacket arm vents just open fully to your mid layer or base layer, which gets you wet when you bail in the snow, not so great. We're trying to stay dry here!

Whatever gear fits most comfortably, is warm enough and functional enough is what people are going to wear. Tmo we're not asking the manufacturers to make us 10 different colors. Momma asked what colors people would like to see, polling general opinion and ideas. If nobody screams for purple, then they wont make us purple. Same as yellow be different but I wouldn't expect it. We would just like something other than black, or pink. As that seems to be the basic Colors for women. Klim started the womens line with just black. Then expanded to black and pink. Then black pink or grey. Now there may be 4 colors. Don't think its to extravagant to think they could make us 3-4 colors, the standard black and pink then something else. Same as mid layers, offer black and offer something different. The variety in style choices alone in mens gear is more work than adding a single color option to the few items that are in the womens lines. And a lot of the mens gear usually has 2-4 color options (in klim and tobe gear at least it seems), maybe they should cut that back to allow budget for womens colors (KIDDING)

JMO

Curious about TOBE gear just nothing overly catches my eye to buy when I already have full gear set ups. Its comprised of both Klim & MF, and I haven't had any problems with either brand. Loving them both. Boots is my next battle, as currently only thing I enjoy wearing are thirty-two snowboard boots.

JMO

thank you Heather! When we were out riding yesterday I was paying super close attention to my gear.. armpit vents do have mesh in them.. it was super deep wonderful pow kind of day, but I was warm, so having the vents open without snow going in them was awesome. I sent word over to the Motorfist Product Designer regarding the tether link on the jacket. Make sense for sure. I love the way the gear moves. I went and purposely sat ON my tunnel when it was melting to see if I was going to get a wet butt... nope.. We had a break down, and had to tow a friend out, which meant extended time on the mountain, I stayed completely warm and dry.. even after sweating, then having to stand around waiting for the wrenching and tow out occurred.
Purple is a color option! :D YaHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Heather I love your idea about colorful midlayers and baselayers. I wear mine a lot, everyday wear so it would be nice to add a little pop and pizzaz there too!

I notice that the fabric is nice and flexible.. My mobility in the contessa gear is awesome, but it doesn't compromise the waterproofness what so ever!

So far so good!! Whoop Whoop!

Top Bottom