motor blown or ceased???

sicamoose

Reaction score
once you replace the motor it willl be a solid sled

Yeah I hope so!!!! Think I will hold on to it a while longer if putting a new motor in (was going to sell and get a 2009 or 2010 xp....)

You think $2200 for an 08' motor including labour is out of line?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hope so!!!! Think I will hold on to it a while longer if putting a new motor in (was going to sell and get a 2009 or 2010 xp....)

You think $2200 for an 08' motor including labour is out of line?

what kind of mileage on motor, if it's a brp short block you got a smoking price.

sicamoose

Reaction score
Just an update on my rev - picked it up today. As per attachment, was a tough blow on the credit card...... any comments? I am pretty sure was on point, with all labour, engine, etc etc etc HSt etc was $3610.00 out the door.

Attachments

• hhh.jpg
    hhh.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 196

RTSOKO

Reaction score
Wow...Did you get zero credit for your old engine????
I am in the same boat, but shopping for a better deal....:(

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow only 2.5 hours for all that swap. nice thats alot of work

I see 6.5 hrs on that invoice. I thought you core credit was 700 bringing short block cost down to about 1800?
price seems to be a little high, but I am suprised that dick head even worked on it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh wow i didnt even see that at the top.

Is 7hrs fair?? I don't know, never done it myself but I willhaul mine back to Alberta when it needs repair before I ever go to H20.

I thought you get 700 bucks for your core.:confused:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup you should have got a core rebate .... thats if the crank case is not cracked

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see 6.5 hrs on that invoice. I thought you core credit was 700 bringing short block cost down to about 1800?
price seems to be a little high, but I am suprised that dick head even worked on it.

looks like he didn't charge core charge, just the short block. price is right unless you add differently.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya because 1600 is too cheap for the shortblock.

6-7 hours is how long it actually takes to do the complete swap but what the book time is im actually not sure.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya because 1600 is too cheap for the shortblock.

6-7 hours is how long it actually takes to do the complete swap but what the book time is im actually not sure.

Yeah gotta agree. 6-7 hrs seems reasonable to get the motor in and out and swapped over, fired up and they took it for a test ride to make sure it actually runs! I have a chassis that's way easier to do it on than the Rev/XP and it takes me about 4 hrs just to swap motors and I've done it 15-20 times in the same chassis.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...Did you get zero credit for your old engine????
I am in the same boat, but shopping for a better deal....:(

looking at the invoice i'd say he got a smokin deal. 7 hrs labour is cheap, usually 7-10 hrs. can't see any better deal from a shop.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah gotta agree. 6-7 hrs seems reasonable to get the motor in and out and swapped over, fired up and they took it for a test ride to make sure it actually runs! I have a chassis that's way easier to do it on than the Rev/XP and it takes me about 4 hrs just to swap motors and I've done it 15-20 times in the same chassis.

must be a crappy motor or mechanic, to have to remove it that many times:d

time is very reasonable, took me almost an hr to get the y-pipe off. RnR time gets less with experience and proper tools.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup you should have got a core rebate .... thats if the crank case is not cracked

in my experience you only get a core rebate if you are charged for one. you see a 700 core charge anywhere?

man you guys crack me up, can you not read the invoice.

friggin school

Last edited:
Top Bottom