motor blown or ceased???

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will sound harsh, but welcome to sledding, nothing cheap about this hobby. I am sorry if someone told you otherwise.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like like the 880 idea lol, but no scratches as i was in a feild and did not think i needed them...but my motor says otherwise...lesson of the day is dont go sledding for a long time in little snow, wide open!!!

ok so you basically say you were riding in minimal snow and you cooked your engine yet your saying the guy you bought it from screwed ya on the sale ...

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just so you know crf i do know what a old crack looks like for i am a welder and seen lots... but being on the crank case the mechanic would not know if it is old or new because the oil would seep in there distorting the color of the aluminnum crack(you have to see in side the crack too tell how old it is) and there for you would not know how long it was there for ...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the lad bought a mtn sled tuned for the mtns. elevation. had an egt gauge that the sensor wasn't working, was racing another sled at a claimed 120km/hr, probably more,( right). may or may not have been warmed up possibly 20 seconds at the most (right). pinned the throttle to beat his buddy, cold lake elevation real low, probably overrevved the sled (right). not much snow (right), i think you are where you are because of what is between your ears. and you want someone to pay for your learning curve(stupidity) ya right. now the learning begins.:rolleyes:

CRFSummit

Reaction score
the lad bought a mtn sled tuned for the mtns. elevation. had an egt gauge that the sensor wasn't working, was racing another sled at a claimed 120km/hr, probably more,( right). may or may not have been warmed up possibly 20 seconds at the most (right). pinned the throttle to beat his buddy, cold lake elevation real low, probably overrevved the sled (right). not much snow (right), i think you are where you are because of what is between your ears. and you want someone to pay for your learning curve(stupidity) ya right. now the learning begins.:rolleyes:

i can say that i did let it warm up for PLENTY OF TIME, and i was going less than 120 as the motor blew bfor i could get there and i was just guessing speed as i cant see my gauges...and there WAS enough snow for cooling!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yupp and as i wrote in the other thread he more or less brought it on himself .... and when ya come on here calling people greasy that isnt going to get him far at all

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is plenty of time. you can't read the gauges, hmm what rpm were you doing, oh yeah, can't read the gauges. must have been the first drag race where the throttle wasn't wound around the bars. you blew it up, had your fun, now you get to fix , just like the rest of us. what makes you so special, you ride the short:rolleyes: bus.

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I blew my motor up this weekend...2nd time out and 15 minutes in. Do you think I'm gonna go after the guy that sold it to me? No. I'm sure this was stated before in this thread, but when you buy a used machine you should expect something to go wrong with it. Whether it's major or minor. It all boils down to buyer beware and ultimately the responsibility of why the machine failed will fall on the new owner. Suck it up and move on.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have thought about the ebay/kijiji but like i was saying i am not going to get screwed over AGAIN!!! even though there might be some decent people out there...i just am tired of buying stuff that blows up, so would a short block be like everything but reeds, carbs, pumps and electrical stuff....all i need is cases ,jugs, pistons, head, crankshaft....not bad when you say it fast, but i think i have a complete (everything!) motor lined up from a good friend that i personally know and it only has 500 kms on it so that might be the way to go?

And this is why I quit buying used toys. I have the worst luck so now I buy new or don't buy at all.

sicamoose

Reaction score
pretty much the exact same thing just happened to my 07 summit. Was out at park mountain and heading up just turned itself off. Plugs OK etc. Thought it was just overheating.

Just dropped it off at H2O in Sicamous today. They said most likely engine seized. He said worst case scenerio $2200.00 for new engine.....effing hell.

Top Bottom