motor blown or ceased???

CRFSummit

Reaction score
so i just went out for a ride and was racing a buddy was going about 120kms and my motor sputterd and died!!!! tryed to pull it and it wont budge!!!
so is the motor blown or pistons or top end or just ceased??? took my plugs out and the tips are dry...also i know i had lots of oil as i just topped it up, also it was burning oil good because last night it went down (oil level), so what happed any why, i have a digatron on it but no egt sensor as i just orderd a new one...so this really sucks, i took the belt off and towed it to a friends house so what am i gunna do!!!
please help me...

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
im gonna say ceased cause even blowen motors pull over my buddys exiter blew up 2 or 3 years a go and we could still pull it over

CRFSummit

Reaction score
so when you cease your motor what do you have to do to fix it??? also what part of it is ceased?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be anything from a crank bearing to a stuck piston. Get out your socket set.

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
It could be anything from a crank bearing to a stuck piston. Get out your socket set.

pretty much man pull off the pipes and the head or take it to your local dealer

CRFSummit

Reaction score
but im still recovering from this trajic event can you come take my motor apart for me...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but im still recovering from this trajic event can you come take my motor apart for me...

then can someone come to my house and straighten my tunnel??:d:beer:.

thats the best question posted on the site this year CRFsummit. good one:beer:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i just went out for a ride and was racing a buddy was going about 120kms and my motor sputterd and died!!!! tryed to pull it and it wont budge!!!
so is the motor blown or pistons or top end or just ceased??? took my plugs out and the tips are dry...also i know i had lots of oil as i just topped it up, also it was burning oil good because last night it went down (oil level), so what happed any why, i have a digatron on it but no egt sensor as i just orderd a new one...so this really sucks, i took the belt off and towed it to a friends house so what am i gunna do!!!
please help me...

dont tell me that was on your 800!!!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup it was.....fricken pissed off!!!!! cant belive it, but it its just ceased we think so looks like another set of pistons....sucks big time

or a 880 big bore?? if that ever happend to mine I would definatly break somthing lol. did you have your scrachers down?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your spark plugs should tell the story. What do they look like. White with aluminum deposits mean that you leaned out and its a new piston and a hone job.

CRFSummit

Reaction score
or a 880 big bore?? if that ever happend to mine I would definatly break somthing lol. did you have your scrachers down?

like like the 880 idea lol, but no scratches as i was in a feild and did not think i needed them...but my motor says otherwise...lesson of the day is dont go sledding for a long time in little snow, wide open!!!

CRFSummit

Reaction score
Your spark plugs should tell the story. What do they look like. White with aluminum deposits mean that you leaned out and its a new piston and a hone job.

well the top of the head was oily, the threads had oil but the bottom were just dry browinish...

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like like the 880 idea lol, but no scratches as i was in a feild and did not think i needed them...but my motor says otherwise...lesson of the day is dont go sledding for a long time in little snow, wide open!!!

I went last weekend and I was goin pretty hard on mine. No blow though. What temp were you at?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lack of snow didn't cause this problem. to long at wide open throttle and you squeaked a cylinder. Just a little to lean is all, more fuel.

CRFSummit

Reaction score
I went last weekend and I was goin pretty hard on mine. No blow though. What temp were you at?

not sure it was like minus 15 out, but dont know about the motor temp...would have had my digatron on but i orderd the wrong egt probe so i had to order another one...

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure it was like minus 15 out, but dont know about the motor temp...would have had my digatron on but i orderd the wrong egt probe so i had to order another one...

I think I should probs get me some temp read device. I dont want that to happen. how long were you pinned for? and do you have that little filter on the top of your airbox?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is squeked a cylinder?

squeaked is a term used when the cylinder got a little to hot from a leaned out situation and the piston gets to big for the hole causing it to cease but when it cools down sometimes you can turn it over again. Still means you will have to tear it down though.

Top Bottom