motor blown or ceased???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing about a shortblock is that he also needs to swap the oil pump,stator,head and some fittings. its not just a direct swap.

and actually sometimes holes even need to be tapped because there are no threads on them.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must be a crappy motor or mechanic, to have to remove it that many times:d

time is very reasonable, took me almost an hr to get the y-pipe off. RnR time gets less with experience and proper tools.

actually i just take it out to clean my bulkhead and grease stuff. :D

Crappy mechanic huh tough guy? after sitting since mid-May last year, my sled fired up on the first pull (actually even I was surprised cause usually it takes 2-3) How many pulls did it take you....? :p

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually i just take it out to clean my bulkhead and grease stuff. :D

Crappy mechanic huh tough guy? after sitting since mid-May last year, my sled fired up on the first pull (actually even I was surprised cause usually it takes 2-3) How many pulls did it take you....? :p

well how far did the truck have to pull it. :d:d:d:p

i'm still fixing my crap.

friggin engineers:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my experience you only get a core rebate if you are charged for one. you see a 700 core charge anywhere?

man you guys crack me up, can you not read the invoice.

friggin school

whats up your a$$ must be a big stick.... when i replaced mine it was that much with no core for mine was toast.... if i would gotten a core it would have been 700 cheaper....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats up your a$$ must be a big stick.... when i replaced mine it was that much with no core for mine was toast.... if i would gotten a core it would have been 700 cheaper....

you can bet your ass you won't get a short block from doo for much less than 2200 + core= $3000, if your core is good you will get 700 back or adjusted for other damage. thats for a 800r motor. and unless you pulled a fast one you are full of shheet.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you would have got a 800r shortblock for 1600? best deals ive ever seen including my discount is like 1900. 1800 for the 800ho

like i said unless you get dealer price, you'll pay $2200 + core 700. i agree with your costs, but think sledlift is telling tall tales, unless we see an invoice he is full of it. :rolleyes:

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on our old 69 669 we just beat the clutch back and forth til it came loose and it ran like a charm, dont know if thats much help. lol

RTSOKO

Reaction score
Sicamoose, all dealers I have talked to send the core back to Bombardier for inspection then decide if it is not cracked they credit you about 700.00 It takes about 2-weeks Im told. I would be after them.:nono:

jonniebud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you check ur primary clutch to see if it was grabbing when pullin over usally when the motor goes u get some sort of ping or nock seen it a few times were when pullin over the clutch is ingagedand the guy thought the motor was seized

sicamoose

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I talked to the dealer and they said that the core rebate was included!! WTF, did i get bent over on this one?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sicamoose, all dealers I have talked to send the core back to Bombardier for inspection then decide if it is not cracked they credit you about 700.00 It takes about 2-weeks Im told. I would be after them.:nono:

for what, read the invoice. no core charge anywhere. :rolleyes:

RTSOKO

Reaction score
on a new note, anyone blown one of these shortblocks yet? How many km have you put on so far?:confused:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I talked to the dealer and they said that the core rebate was included!! WTF, did i get bent over on this one?

maybe talk to dealer, ask him to explain invoice. you can't seem to understand you never paid a core charge. you paid 2378.37 for a shortblock motor. your old motor went to dealer for core thus no charge.
if your core was not good you would have been charged another 700
as in 2378.37 + 700 = 3078.37
you got a good deal what can't you understand.:confused:

ski-doober

Reaction score
UPDATE:

It dont say anything about a core on the bill
so i would get my old engine back that prolly needed a set of pistons and a jug

why didnt you take it in to vernon they have treated me fairly after Blockhead sold my highmark to some one else

Redline Recreation Snowmobile ATV Motorcycle Wrecker is a good place also in your town

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you serious?

alot of shops just eat the core charge and assume they will get it back and just charge for the shortblock rather than having the client have to come back a month later when brp cuts a cheque for the core.

if the core wasnt included the engine would show on the bill as 3000$+ and a note to pick up core rebate at a later date.

wat you guys are saying is that he should still either get a core rebate or his old engine back. which is WRONGWRONGWRONG.

that would make the price of the engine 1500-1600$ which is BELOW dealer cost.

soo not going to happen end of story.

be happy the shop assumed the core rebate. its a gabmle if you get it back or not. i think thats pretty good of them

Top Bottom