Motocross Helmets

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 goggles with 509 helmet everything fits together perfect and looks good too!!!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the 509 and 509 goggles love them. But the new carbon fiber motorfist ones are awesome they were a big hit at the snow show too! Just ask momma;)

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try the Gmax GM11 duel sport. Just gotta figure the camera mount

Attachments

• gmax-helmets-helmet-accessories-gm11d-dual-sport-helmets_1.jpg
    gmax-helmets-helmet-accessories-gm11d-dual-sport-helmets_1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 163

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try the Gmax GM11 duel sport. Just gotta figure the camera mount

I was looking at those (they are cool as hell) but I don't think the lenses are double lensed so thinking it's going to fog up pretty easy....

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ne thing that might happen as it happens to every helmet Ive ever had is the visor sometimes loosens a bit from bouncing around and the wind from riding will move the visor around changing your camera angle and sometimes a little change is a big change with these wide angle lenses. Just my experience with a few different brands of helmet, I guess every break just make sure the visor nuts are still tight. I have my drift mounted at the throttle side of my helmet just out of the way of the quick straps.

Gotcha. If it drops down the back side of the camera hits the helmet and that is as far as it can go. But I hear what you are saying. Time will tell. The helmet came with another visor so if it doesn't work out I'll pull this one off.

I have had this setup for 2.5 years of quading and sledding and have never had to ajust visor on mt HJC helmet. Even after rolling the quad a few times and helmet hitting ground nothing changed.

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ne thing that might happen as it happens to every helmet Ive ever had is the visor sometimes loosens a bit from bouncing around and the wind from riding will move the visor around changing your camera angle and sometimes a little change is a big change with these wide angle lenses. Just my experience with a few different brands of helmet, I guess every break just make sure the visor nuts are still tight. I have my drift mounted at the throttle side of my helmet just out of the way of the quick straps.

I have had this setup for 2.5 years of quading and sledding and have never had to ajust visor on mt HJC helmet. Even after rolling the quad a few times and helmet hitting ground nothing changed.

What model HJC helmet?

Sent while not working too hard

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run with an HJC Carbon Fiber Helmet and ProGrip Carbon Fiber Goggles....would never go back to a non-carbon fiber helmet again.

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have found that helmets either fit "round" or "oval" shape. If you get your helmet first take it with you when you are shopping for goggles to make sure you get a good fit or vice versa. If you are planning on wearing a balaclava under your helmet make sure you take that when you are going helmet shopping.

Jan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason that the Motorfist Dominator helmet is selling out.. everywhere.. lighter IS better. It's super light and very well made. I look forward to getting a Motorfist Dominator helmet for sure.
I'm super fortunate to be wearing a Troy Lee Designs Lid this year too. My cyclops helmet is light, super well ventilated and... well suuuuuuuuuuper Sexy woo weee awesome!
I interrupt this story to show you my new soon to be puppy...
530932_4525667551772_1401652781_n.jpg
A modular style helmet is to constrictive and hot for the type of riding we do.. I haven't worn one since 1995. I way prefer Motocross style helmet with my Smith Goggles. I don't find I'm cold often. I don't usually use a breath box. Sometimes a Balaclava just for the first little bit going in on the trail, but once the fun zone hits I need all my gear to work together. Although this is a thread about helmets, take into account your gear. If your base, mid and outer layers are doing what they should, your body won't become overheated and super sweaty.. which contributes to goggle fogging. sometimes less really is more.

There is another helmet at the store I'm super impressed with. The new EVS helmets.. they're only like 130 dollars or so and freakin light with super plush padding. Good helmet for those who are value conscious.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I agree with Jan.Buy helmet and goggles together,or if you already have helmet,take it with you goggle shopping to make sure they are compatible.
I have found that helmets either fit "round" or "oval" shape. If you get your helmet first take it with you when you are shopping for goggles to make sure you get a good fit or vice versa. If you are planning on wearing a balaclava under your helmet make sure you take that when you are going helmet shopping.

Jan

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
The Airoh Aviator is ridiculously light 950 grams, ludicrously comfortable and by far the best helmet I've ever put on head by a million times. It was the single best improvement I had in gear in the last 5 years, sick sick sick!!!!!
IMG_1397.jpg IMG_1398.jpg

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear an oneal moto helmet. I use to wear my moto goggles too and an under helmet mouth/nose peice on top of my balaclava. Jesus was it a heavy setup but the only way I could keep my face warm. Most days I just dealt with having a cold nose. Riding the mountains wasnt too bad but riding at home in -20 to -30 got chilly fast. Then I bought a pair of 509 goggles with the nose guard on them and hot damn! that is the answer! I liked them so much I went out and bought myself another and the wife 2 pairs. The lenses are super easy to change too!

Froglegs

Reaction score
I have a fly f2 carbon snow it has a smaller opening for goggles my 509s are a tight fit. Last year i rode with a one industries and 509s not a bad combo but when i ran oakley googles my forhead froze.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom