most fun u can have with ur pants on

sledrocs

Reaction score
u can never be to careful im thinkin i should be dead right now my m1 has failed on me the last 2 times ive been out the day of the nelson slide and a couple of days ago both times i havent made it to the alpine i think god trying to tell me something ,? like take it easy for a while lol i allwasys ride owls head my fav im not going out for a while ............rip matt simms

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a hard call but go with gut feel, agree I am laying low for a while and hopefully the nasty stuff slides away so a more stable base can form.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've never been out on a mountain ride, just ditch banging and field riding, most of my time on sleds was back working as a land surveyor....this year I've gone out and bought an 97 Arctic Cat Cougar Mountain Cat and it should be all assembled by this weekend now that I have the right parts on order (originally ordered parts for the standard cougar and not the mountain cat)
Anyway the brother inlaw has been itchin to get us out to valemount, he's quite experienced and insists that if you ride smart your safe.
I would assume many of the recent casualties (RIP, my prayers to the families) were experienced riders who thought they were riding smart.
I figure when the sled is put together I'll hold off on the mountain excursions until I can take an avalanch training course and get some playing experience....too much playing was frowned upon when on the job and on company machines.

Scarry stuff

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ride to your ability,stay off the big slopes.Lots of people call it a spectator sport because its fun to watch guys highmark each other but we all know everytime you do a climb there is risk involved.If you dont feel comfortable doing something,dont do it,If your riding buddies dont respect that,there not your buddies!You will have a blast and you always have some risk,weather you want to take that risk be it big or small is your choice.
Ride Safe!
catmando!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree with you god tryin to tell you something maybe. sure sounds like it to me anyway. Went out with a buddy last year to the cline sugarbowls one day lost our gas can had to go nearly 4 miles back to staging area just about to pick it up then we still tried to go. Buddy rolled his sled farther up and got his hood caugh between rear bogies and track when sled flipped and rolled three times down the mountain until his head,inside his helmet thankfully, got slammed between a rock and the track. Still tried to go farther up,dont ask why i cant answer that one, stupidity i guess. Until i nearly rolled my sled. decided time to go home at that point never made it to the bowls. Found out later that the bowls were pretty windswept and nearly immpossible to get out of. probably a good thing we never got in. but still had a good time.:d

Top Bottom