More power help!

08dmax

Reaction score
Looking for 20-25 hp more for my 14 pro 800.NO TURBO.What is working? Like after the mods are done you need to add 4-6g clutch weight at it. There are lost of stuff out there and I'm sure half is junk. Thanx

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few fellas that have done the Carls Cycle 900 and were pleased with results... I don't know what the hp increase is as u will have to check yourself.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for 20-25 hp more for my 14 pro 800.NO TURBO.What is working? Like after the mods are done you need to add 4-6g clutch weight at it. There are lost of stuff out there and I'm sure half is junk. Thanx

I'm just curious why not a turbo? By the time you put in a big bore kit plus head, pipe, etc. You aren't far away from the cost of a turbo, plus if your motor lets go you can still replace it with stock parts, instead of waiting for specialized parts for the big bore. And best of all when you want more power you can turn it up.

I'm not trying to knock your decision to go non-turbo, but I'm just curious, as I weighed the options and went turbo.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you the best upgrade to that sled will be a 3"track and a seven tooth drivers. You can throw a lot of sh1t at it and not get the same results you will see from just changing the track. The seven tooth drivers will gear it down just enough that it compensates for the extra track weight. Best bang for your buck.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to 13.6 domes and had to add 2gr of weight and still gained 200rpm over and above stock (8100 to 8300rpm). I am trying a 14.5 head for next year.

This is on a Long rod 800.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did an RK Tek Drop-in with BD Box, 3" 156 X3 Track and some spot on clutching...and couldn't be happier. It's a great combination.

powerfuldodge

Reaction score
I did the bikemen performance kit on mine and for the price there was a noticeable difference ..but just removed the kit and getting a boost-it and 3" track installed . If u want just a little bit extra the bikemen kit will put a grin on your face a boost it turbo will make your jaws hurt from smiling

Powerfuldodge@me.com
2013 pro rmk
2012 136" switchback turbo
2006 660 switchback
2014 dodge ram 3500 Longhorn

08dmax

Reaction score
I don't want a turbo, because I never seen one run good for more then a day. I ride 0-4500' seen 5 turbos and all were crap and this was on all 3 brands. I have the 162" X3 on my sled, with raptor shocks all around and rooster built clutching. Only 3 rides on the X3 and was in spring crap snow. Was thinking rk tek drop in kit but mapping seem to be a bit problem. How much hp will head, pipe and porting get me ???

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Rev 1 Drop-in and my mapping seems pretty crisp. The more stuff you mess with the more dicking around with with tuning you will have to do. IMO...keep it simple or talk to NM about a Boost-It turbo system. He seems to have them pretty dialed in!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did an RK Tek Drop-in with BD Box, 3" 156 X3 Track and some spot on clutching...and couldn't be happier. It's a great combination.
much of a difference with the drop in? Im definately doing the 3'' track, and was thinkn of the 858 but if the drop in is that good maybe ill just do that.
What clutching set up did you come up with?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel a substantial difference with the drop-in. My wife has a '14 155 with PAR head and MDS clutching and there is a noticeable difference between the 2 sleds. I run Carls clutching with 64 gram Belly Busters. I ran some MDS clutching as well at 66.3 grams, but the Carl's set up is ultra consistent in all snow conditions, where as the MDS set up lost it in heavy snow.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Too bad you have experienced the bad running turbo experience, I also felt the same way about turbo's and never rode with someone that had one run reliably or was missing or bogging constantly, it always seemed that they ran good once in awhile but mostly bad. That being said I ran my Mtntk for 1600 Km's this year in the trees and bowls, waist deep snow with no visibility for many days and I kicked every big bore sled I came across and then I let them throw a leg over mine and they all came back with the same response and that was " this sled is awesome and for the little difference in price this turbo kit is the way to go". All I can say is do your research cuz there is kits that work and for just a touch more than a big bore well worth the extra investment. My pro is every bit as responsive as a stocker or maybe even better to be honest, if I could motivate myself to put my video's on the computer I would send you one but I don't think it's gonna happen for a bit ha ha.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad you have experienced the bad running turbo experience, I also felt the same way about turbo's and never rode with someone that had one run reliably or was missing or bogging constantly, it always seemed that they ran good once in awhile but mostly bad. That being said I ran my Mtntk for 1600 Km's this year in the trees and bowls, waist deep snow with no visibility for many days and I kicked every big bore sled I came across and then I let them throw a leg over mine and they all came back with the same response and that was " this sled is awesome and for the little difference in price this turbo kit is the way to go". All I can say is do your research cuz there is kits that work and for just a touch more than a big bore well worth the extra investment. My pro is every bit as responsive as a stocker or maybe even better to be honest, if I could motivate myself to put my video's on the computer I would send you one but I don't think it's gonna happen for a bit ha ha.

I second that... I also have the MTNTK Turbo and works absolutely great! Good luck with your choice! And if you want big bore or turbo call Chris @ Parkland Motorsports very knowledgable in both.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yes that is 110% true! Chris will tell it like it is whether you like it or not. It is nice to have someone still give an effort these days especially when you throw down some pretty big cash on a toy.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I have had the chance to ride Catman10's turbo a few times, and the power is very strong and consistent. The MNTNK turbo is the way to go for sure!! I will have one for net year!!

rmscustom

Reaction score
I've got a Rev 1 Drop-in and my mapping seems pretty crisp. The more stuff you mess with the more dicking around with with tuning you will have to do. IMO...keep it simple or talk to NM about a Boost-It turbo system. He seems to have them pretty dialed in!!

What did you end up for fuel #s with the DI kit and elevation? Thanks

Top Bottom