more power for xp

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im starting a thread to find out what guys have done to get more proven hp out of their xp or where you can shave weight easily and affordably.i dont have a fortune to spend but would like the machine to act like i did:homer:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im starting a thread to find out what guys have done to get more proven hp out of their xp or where you can shave weight easily and affordably.i dont have a fortune to spend but would like the machine to act like i did:homer:

For power i went with an 860 and a 35hp nitrous kit. Not cheap but it does the trick:d
For weight reduction i changed to a Timbersled skid. Removed all foam and extra plastic in the engine bay. Put 2, 1 1/4'' ports per row and removed every second clip on my camo extreme track.
If you just want to get all you can from your stock machine invest in a good clutch set up. Educate yourself on clutching. You wont believe the difference it can make.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For power i went with an 860 and a 35hp nitrous kit. Not cheap but it does the trick:d
For weight reduction i changed to a Timbersled skid. Removed all foam and extra plastic in the engine bay. Put 2, 1 1/4'' ports per row and removed every second clip on my camo extreme track.
If you just want to get all you can from your stock machine invest in a good clutch set up. Educate yourself on clutching. You wont believe the difference it can make.

Ok what is the best setup for primary and secondary clutch options. Are the Team clutch set up the way to go? I would like to optimize the current setup to get the most I can. I have stock now with the dyno Joe kit ramps pollers spring but I'm not really impressed. I'm thinkin of dumpin the airboxes primary and secondary and going to pods worked great on my 1000. But a solution to the clutching issue would be great.:d:beer:

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen a kit advertized for cold air intake which is just pods says 4 more hp and lose 7 pounds weight has anyone tried these kits like to stay on the cheap new skid isnt in the budget this year

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what kind of cost is it to go 174 x 2.5 with tunnel ext and rail ext not sure what else you need

$1500-2000. New 174" is about $1000 thereabouts, tunnel ext, $150-200, and I think you have to get new rails, not sure if they make extensions for the 163-174". New rails are what $500 Maxwell?

You could ditch the headlight, taillight, and extra bogies and it will cost you nothing and make it lighter. Get a can for $300 and it will drop another 10 lbs. Get a clutch kit and make sure you are getting the power you are making now, to the ground.

No point in spending more on power if you're not using all of what you have now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1500-2000. New 174" is about $1000 thereabouts, tunnel ext, $150-200, and I think you have to get new rails, not sure if they make extensions for the 163-174". New rails are what $500 Maxwell?

You could ditch the headlight, taillight, and extra bogies and it will cost you nothing and make it lighter. Get a can for $300 and it will drop another 10 lbs. Get a clutch kit and make sure you are getting the power you are making now, to the ground.

No point in spending more on power if you're not using all of what you have now.

ya rails are 400....can get extensions from the 163 but its not reccomended.
traack 1000, extension 200, drivers 300...

deffinetly not cheap to extend to a 174 but even upgrading teh 163 is a big improvement.

i realize your looking for cheap modifications and this isnt really it. just the best value

i put an hps can on my sled saved a bunch of weight and ditched the wheels like mentioned.

deleted the headlight on another xp and it was almost a wash the stock one weights nothing compared to the rev/zx headlights which were extremely heavy.

there isnt really anything "hidden" that your going to unleash for cheap. your best bet is a good can, a single pipe, track upgrade, venting. and a good clutch kit.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well DJ is the only experience i have with clutch kits. they work great.

i do have a roosterbuilt kit im about to install so well see how that works out

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what yr of xp? simple and cheap mods are head and air box. a good head will net about 9hp in the mid and about 5hp on the top end. i ran a 14.1 head on my 08 and it woke right up.

Home | Terra Alps Racing Inc.

look here for the head. you wont be disappointed.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hears the dyno page on the head.

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with jbb. I had two hundred thousands machined off my head to to raise the compression but still be able to run premium pump gas.:d

Top Bottom