More gooder?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think they need some midol over there....
No, I think the point is about being sold the "fix" only to have the same company come out with a different latest greatest fix the next month.
And not just a Cat thing, we have a turbo 4-tec 1200 with an MCX kit that now has a 4 post Comet(stock one couldn't take it and Doo now offers a updated one, sound familiar),and went thru 2 chains, a jackshaft, and a track, and if some one sold us a fix for it and then the next month came out with something different, would be equally disappointed. If there were as many boosted 4 stroke Doos out there as there is Cats, I'm pretty sure the level of discouragement would be similar.(just so we're comparing Doo apples to Cat apples)
Turbie sold heatexchanger brackets that eliminated tabs breaking on the cooler, now he's selling a TCL that deals with that issue along with a few others.
And if you followed this stuff on SW you would see exactly the posts they refer to about these claims, and the questioning of how much ride time are on these fixes before they are sold to the public.
Will be interesting to see what the Japanese influence will have now that they are part of the Cat equation.(referring to the comment about new Yammies having a TCL similar to theirs)
Also noticing that lots of this stuff is listed for the 12-13 Cats, does this mean that the 14s have these issues dealt with at the factory level? If so sign me up for another one, love the motor and chassis just don't like the money spent on fixing issues(clutching) that should have been dealt with at the factory level after the first year.
Just sayin.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Just to clarify a little. The TCL delete divorces the motor from the JS mount. It is not specifically addressing the lame tunnel mounts. Its addressing the flexing of the tcl that is one of the things affecting belt alignment. That's why the mounts are in the step up packages. We still encourage an engine stopper to stop movement of the motor that puts strain on the tunnel mounting tabs. Harder motor mounts are for guys that have some miles on original and they are letting the motor sag. Ive seen up to 3/8" of sag when fitting the engine stopper in. The engine brackets prevent tabs breaking and with harder rubber mounts hold the motor a lot better. To summarize:

TCL locks down the JS to keep alignment with chaincase side
The engine mounts prevent the tabs from breaking when taking the torque of the 4s
Harder rubber mounts and engine stopper to prevent motor movement now that it is divorced from the TCL.

There isn't a lot different from what we knew from the last two years of dealing with the belt issues for some guys. The TCL delete is the final piece that would replace an OSP enclosed JS brace, or any brand of js stopper,that still didn't fix belt problems for some guys. That being said it worked for a lot of guys too. I will be using the TCL delete on the last remaining guys that we couldn't get fixed lasted winter, which is a very small percentage.

Being the Evo distributor for western Canada I will have this in stock sometime after haydays when they will have the first run to sell. Anyone can feel free to pm me for more questions.....well not you vern, i see enough of you lol. Not many have the time into this complete problem than I have.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a complete 180 from what was recommended to me in May. I added the jack shaft support, now ya ll want that toasted and you think a divorce is best for me. Should of probably just gave ya a call, but this is getting a might frustrating.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a complete 180 from what was recommended to me in May. I added the jack shaft support, now ya ll want that toasted and you think a divorce is best for me. Should of probably just gave ya a call, but this is getting a might frustrating.

This divorce like the other divorce will cost you some money. With any luck this divorce won't come back to haunt you

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Wouldn't say 180, no one said the divorce was best for anyone. I only have about 15% of all the JS brace guys that the brace, with other things, did not get the belt cleared up. Not to mention 95% of guys will piece parts together hoping for the solution before buying everything available in the first crack. I won't be doing the brace on my '13 but I have Belanger torque arms, which with everything else I did, locks the motor and JS down making the TCL like its not there. If I was starting from stratch I'd do the TCL delete. It does the job of 2 other parts, and IMO does it better. Until Evo got involved the TCL was going to be very hard to produce for a price people could afford. Now people that are just addressing this problem have a good part to start with.

.....and I agree with the divorce thing lol

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it is more gooder....
I have to believe it is an improvement over the stock setup. Cat designed these sled to run stock hp and nothing more IMHO. It is unfortunate that Cat dropped the ball on some of the builds - I know my sled needed some "tweaking" out of the box. Bigger hp demands chassis and driveline improvements, and it has been a VERY steep learning curve for the customers and aftermarket alike. It seems that there is no "blanket" fix for these sleds, as one has parrallelism issues, one has offset issues, some have center to center issues, some with too tight a drive belt, and others with engine mount / chaincase / jackshaft problems / binding clutches, etc, etc. That said, fixes are available provided the diagnosis is correct, and if you are willing to part with some cash. (Or a lot if you simply bombard the chassis with what is available - kind of what I did as I hate fixing during the winter season when I should be riding). The sad part is that some consumers want a mod sled and buy bolt on parts, then blame the aftermarket if they failed to tune it properly or simply missed the root cause. One has every right to complain to the dealer or manufacturer if the sled is STOCK, but doesn't really have a leg to stand on once it has been modified. (Not referring to you Vern, I was referring to the vast majority on SW that haven't the mechanical aptitude to change spark plugs or look at the obvious)...and you can usually tell by thier posts.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you could just bottle that "understanding of reality" Karl I'd sell that instead of sled parts lol....
Gene, if only it were that simple... you're best off to continue to sell sled parts & audio - maybe a good idea to add a waiver of stupidity clause with every item sold... or at least a warning label that reads " Use of this EVO product may cause sh*t to accumulate in your pants when riding", "Boosted 4 strokes require a different riding style then a 2 stroke", and my favorite: " Adding performance enhancing products WILL require chassis and clutching upgrades". BTW, I have my ECU boxed up to send to you - when do you figure the upgraded BC260 flash will be available? You know me, patience isn't a virtue I possess lol... is it snowing yet????
P.S. - you need to talk Jim into coming up here for a rip this winter, and maybe get out a bit more yourself... - I'm in!

Last edited:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gene, if only it were that simple... you're best off to continue to sell sled parts & audio - maybe a good idea to add a waiver of stupidity clause with every item sold... or at least a warning label that reads " Use of this EVO product may cause sh*t to accumulate in your pants when riding", "Boosted 4 strokes require a different riding style then a 2 stroke", and my favorite: " Adding performance enhancing products WILL require chassis and clutching upgrades". BTW, I have my ECU boxed up to send to you - when do you figure the upgraded BC260 flash will be available? You know me, patience isn't a virtue I possess lol... is it snowing yet????
P.S. - you need to talk Jim into coming up here for a rip this winter, and maybe get out a bit more yourself... - I'm in!
Your not going with the V-map and antilag?
Got to have options for the no av gas days and the 300 hp can of woop-ass days!!!
Have tried going the strengthen/fix the driveline first route, but these pieces are a lot more unobtainable than the hp increasing parts. So screw it, going with the HP and will fix what breaks along the way.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your not going with the V-map and antilag?
Got to have options for the no av gas days and the 300 hp can of woop-ass days!!!
Have tried going the strengthen/fix the driveline first route, but these pieces are a lot more unobtainable than the hp increasing parts. So screw it, going with the HP and will fix what breaks along the way.
I hear you on the hp lol. I am going with the anti-lag reflash, but the way work has been, I think the 260 flash will be enough for this season - that may change by the time I ship Gene the ECU! (Not sure I can ride 300 hp for 4-5 days at a time anymore, either, and if I have the switch, I'll use it lol). Kinda hoping to try out a super chute - may upgrade to that next season if the kitty holds together... Did you run MODS last year on your M1100? Did they compliment the sled? I have a set coming from Deano...

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding on 300hp flash is that it will be good for short runs (drag race or a poke at the hill), but it will heat soak the BC turbo pretty quickly. Was so happy with 215 flash that can only believe 260 with antilag will up the giggle factor exponentially.
Had a set of MODS last winter, but unfortunately they were for a M sled. Ended up with a set of 9" SlyDawgs that worked way better than stock. They took the darting out of the front end and worked well in the pow.
Hearing you about work, had to coin toss between BC and K-Mod. BC won. Hope Santa is good for a new skid for this kid.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll love the BC turbo - it makes the M1100T totally new animal, even with a 250hp flash. As it is now, I decided to go with the multimap setup with anti-lag (you talked me into it). Should make a great sled even better. Just picked up another drum of av gas, too - 280hp has to be better then 250, right? I figure I have sufficient chassis upgrades to handle the additional hp. Regarding the MODS skis, Deano has new mounts so they'll fit the Proclimb - I pick mine up whenever I get out of here...

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much fun was that nut to get back on the bolt for the motor mount after you did the OSP jackshaft brace? Laffed at how they skip over that in the install vid! A trip to Crap Tire for a 99 cent wrench and a little custom bending of it made attempt #6 go much better, needed an excuse to drink beer that day anyways.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just completed Turbie/EVO tunnel bracket and adjustable engine mounts(cooler was cracked and leaking). Had to use the 30 degree off set insert in the PTO mount and ended up running my OSP engine stopper right to the end before engine came into alignment. Had a A/C mech help adjust for parallelism and he was amazed how much it was out. Stock mounts were mush at 1500kms. Am thinking a secondary with bigger fins wouldnt have helped my motor alignment. Heres to hoping I dont have to do the TCL delete, but if thats what it takes to make it right.

Top Bottom