more dragon issues

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
just installed a timbersled clean air intake on the 08 d7 rmk, only other mod on the sled is the "thing" can. instructions says shouldnt need fuel remapped but to check to make sure. what color should my plugs be? on the new set of plugs i tossed in they came out a greyish color after a wide open pull, threw in a dirty old set of plugs and they came out alot cleaner than when they went in. they all have a greyish,light charcoal color to them. also the pto side cyclinder when i removed the plug was smoking out the plug hole. any ideas? this sled is really getting the best of me lately.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 09-800 dragon with slp pipe and the thing can,2 seasons on no issues.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
ok just want to make sure im not leaning it out to bad. Any idea what the cylinder smoking would be? also found the issue to my kill switch not working, it has all been unhooked and other wires spliced, thinking the guy got rid of it for mountain riding, but not to sure. Has anyone else ran the timbersled intake on there dragon?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 08 800 Dragon and every time my plugs were grey it was the piston stuck on it! And smoked out of the cylinder too. I hope you dont have the sameproblem i had! I got rid of that sled when it was on engine 5!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the elevation in Estevan? What are you running for fuel? Bear in mind that pump 87 (or ethanol blends in general) usually spells disaster at low elevations, especially on a mountain sled that is breathing easier then stock. Most flatlander sleds have lower compression then thier mtn counterparts...

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have timbersled intake and mbrp can on my 07 700 dragon no problems runs great took 3 in wetaskiwin drags

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
elevation in estevan is 1905Ft. Hope the smoke is just exhaust, have sled at dealer there doin a pressure test on my cooling system for me to see if it is leaking anywhere. Hopefully that pans out good

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya take the plugs out after wot smoke will come out of either side all the time.... cause one hole is on compresion and hot cylinder.....

Top Bottom