More closures on the horizon

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps someone with a little more internet savvy can post a link to the Revelstoke Mountaineer article regarding more closures coming regarding caribou.
thanks

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be done off Hwy. If I have to ride busy areas I’d rather not sled. Revy had some sweet spots where I could ride alone all year. Between the internet postings of secret spots and closures the sport will be done as far as I’m concerned.
So I’m Buying a CVO and spending the next 10 years exploring American back roads. No camping. No quading. No sledding. Wtf is going on.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be done off Hwy. If I have to ride busy areas I’d rather not sled. Revy had some sweet spots where I could ride alone all year. Between the internet postings of secret spots and closures the sport will be done as far as I’m concerned.
So I’m Buying a CVO and spending the next 10 years exploring American back roads. No camping. No quading. No sledding. Wtf is going on.

Its the tree hugging green agenda.
Block all human interface with nature.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really say where they want to close?

Just that sledding, Heli skiing and logging are a problem.
Sounds like caribou are the problem if you ask me.
If you look at the link to the report it calls for basically everything north of Revy to Kinbasket and west to Adam's Lake.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really say where they want to close?

Just that sledding, Heli skiing and logging are a problem.
Sounds like caribou are the problem if you ask me.

Agreed
Some people just don’t get that some species just go extinct due to evolution of the earth and their inability to adapt. Look at the dodo. Pretty sure no backcountry enthusiasts killed them off.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It has been said many times, they have an agenda. That agenda is to get rid of motorized in the back country. In the article some dude even talks about the southern herds being "extinct". Isn't "extinct" supposed to refer to a species and not just localized herds. If the agenda weren't so blatant and they were really concerned about Woodland/Mountain caribou, they would go after the hunting season in northern BC.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been said many times, they have an agenda. That agenda is to get rid of motorized in the back country. In the article some dude even talks about the southern herds being "extinct". Isn't "extinct" supposed to refer to a species and not just localized herds. If the agenda weren't so blatant and they were really concerned about Woodland/Mountain caribou, they would go after the hunting season in northern BC.

It’s all about back country use.

They have no idea.

Sit in a condo or office down town

Never see outside

No idea of enjoying outdoors

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the article some dude even talks about the southern herds being "extinct". Isn't "extinct" supposed to refer to a species and not just localized herds.

Yup. Exterpated would have been the correct word. But I've said it before: Facts, science, and accurate information have no place in any discussion with an environmentalist.

I think I need to stop reading anything with Caribou in the title. :realmad:

Top Bottom