More Brute Jetting questions

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got my Penland Pro Series Exaust and it never came with jets or any information to rejet it for this pipe.05 650 Brute Force,I know it has to be rejetted and I cant seem to find what I need off the HMF website either.
Can anyone help me?
catmando!

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my Penland Pro Series Exaust and it never came with jets or any information to rejet it for this pipe.05 650 Brute Force,I know it has to be rejetted and I cant seem to find what I need off the HMF website either.
Can anyone help me?
catmando!

Hey Catmando........I've got the same pipe on my '07 Brute Force and it tooks me a while to get the jetting right but it was sure worth it :d
I'm not sure if you were on this site but I found lots of good info on it when I jetted my quad.

HMF Engineering Forums - Powered by vBulletin

this site also has good info on jetting and anything else you want to know about quads........

good luck with the jetting .........

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you give me the info on your jet sizes and what else you have done to your quad!
Thanks ,will check out the info you sent !
catrmando!

hogwild

Reaction score
buy dyno jet kit and follow instructions, except dont use dynojet needles keep your stock onesand use shims

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you give me the info on your jet sizes and what else you have done to your quad!
catrmando!

What Hogwild said above is correct...........I do have the Dynojet kit and used their recommended jet sizes......I can't remember exactly what sizes they were but I remember that they were different for the front and back carbs.....the dynojet kit will say. If you can figure it out give me a pm and I'll dig out the boxes and get the exact sizes that I used.
I also have a k&n filter, moose chip, clutch kit, snorkels, 27" zillas and a few extra scratches and dents caused by driver error:eek:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catrmando!

I forgot to mention................if you scroll down to the bottom of the hmfengineering web page there is a section totally dedicated to jetting which tells you everything you wanted to know.......I learned this the hard way but different manufacturers of jet kits don't use the same numbering system so be careful when reading different posts etc.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,decided to wait untill after the long weekend to mess with it,Let the fun begin!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How'd you make out? How loud is the new pipe?

Very Good,Put a little vid on snow and mud,There is a little rattle in the pipe ,I forgot to replace the spark arrestor,All fixed now and goes great.
catmando!

fersch

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Brute force 650i .I have a k&n filter on it also a hmf penland pro slip on exhaust and a dyna fs chip.I need to jet it and im not sure what to us for jets?Can anyone out there let me know what to use?

Top Bottom