More Bad Publicity

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the news with the quads rippin up the river and riding on private property out rocky way.Just what we need,more evidence for the government to shut us down!!!!
Please get a brain.For the sake of all of us "responsible riders"

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was a bunch of retards out were i was right off the main road quads all apart in the river washing them. Like use your head there was a man made gravel pit full of water 1\2 mile down the road go there and wash your chit, not were every one that drives by can see you being stupid.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
there is all kinds of half witted stuff go on here all summer,,,, that is typical....... it is far too late to ask nit wits to stop,,, the laws are coming and the fences are being built to put an end to what we know as free riding.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
This was on more than this site and it is the same story , sad but true .
Always there is the retards who are going to screw it up for us , and there is f all we can do about it , and it is us that will get screwed . Our favorite and or local spot(s) , will get shut down .

The man will put the hammer down and we have the moron so called weekend warriors to thank .

All we can do is buy their machines for 1/4 the price when they have no where to go and cant afford to pay the tickets they received for being the fn morons they are , oh and thank them for getting our riding spots closed down .

You hate being a nark but A forestry guy told me once to take plates down and a picture and send them in so these people get what they deserve and maybe then there will be less of them out there wrecking it for all of us .

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was on more than this site and it is the same story , sad but true .
Always there is the retards who are going to screw it up for us , and there is f all we can do about it , and it is us that will get screwed . Our favorite and or local spot(s) , will get shut down .

The man will put the hammer down and we have the moron so called weekend warriors to thank .

All we can do is buy their machines for 1/4 the price when they have no where to go and cant afford to pay the tickets they received for being the fn morons they are , oh and thank them for getting our riding spots closed down .

You hate being a nark but A forestry guy told me once to take plates down and a picture and send them in so these people get what they deserve and maybe then there will be less of them out there wrecking it for all of us .

Got my vote!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but narc it is! If I see some idiot doing stupid chit from now on I get a plate number and video. I have asked people in the past to stop doing chit and all I got was a FU mind your own business!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys do understand that these websites (which are awesome to be on)are just as much to blame along with all of us users! We post pics of us ripping on trails and throught swamps for others to see well guess what that also allows SRD to see what were doing. If you think that members of SRD are not on here watching what we do and how we ride guess again. So i dont think becomming a RAT is the wisest think to do!

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys do understand that these websites (which are awesome to be on)are just as much to blame along with all of us users! We post pics of us ripping on trails and throught swamps for others to see well guess what that also allows SRD to see what were doing. If you think that members of SRD are not on here watching what we do and how we ride guess again. So i dont think becomming a RAT is the wisest think to do!

And your suggestion is ?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have one! unless we all take off our agressive tires and stick to riding the iron horse trail no matter what we do were all to blame!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree with some of what Honda310 is saying. You see a few individuals doing something stupid, and it get's broadcast on a public forum that anyone can view. Cleaning your machine in the river/creek is one thing, but complaining about someone riding through a mud hole (oh I forgot, it's a sensitive wetland) that is ON the trail? That's ridiculous. Many of the trails have holes along them. Are we to turn around and only ride on bone dry trails? If so, why do you run mud tires? So, where is the point at which you're going to call the cops on someone? If they drive through a mud hole on the trail and spin their tires? Do those of you advocating that ride through mud at all? If so where, and when is it okay in your opinion? Are you practicing what you preach? Just trying to understand if you're advocating just riding on dry trails or what. fhe, you asked about a suggestion, perhaps go talk to those riders if you have an issue with what they're doing. If they know that others disagree with what they're doing and you explain your position and why you don't agree with it, sometimes people do get the message. True, some will not take it kindly, but not everyone is like that. I think that's a better first approach than just calling the cops. I don't think we need to be turning on each other.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree with some of what Honda310 is saying. You see a few individuals doing something stupid, and it get's broadcast on a public forum that anyone can view. Cleaning your machine in the river/creek is one thing, but complaining about someone riding through a mud hole (oh I forgot, it's a sensitive wetland) that is ON the trail? That's ridiculous. Many of the trails have holes along them. Are we to turn around and only ride on bone dry trails? If so, why do you run mud tires? So, where is the point at which you're going to call the cops on someone? If they drive through a mud hole on the trail and spin their tires? Do those of you advocating that ride through mud at all? If so where, and when is it okay in your opinion? Are you practicing what you preach? Just trying to understand if you're advocating just riding on dry trails or what. fhe, you asked about a suggestion, perhaps go talk to those riders if you have an issue with what they're doing. If they know that others disagree with what they're doing and you explain your position and why you don't agree with it, sometimes people do get the message. True, some will not take it kindly, but not everyone is like that. I think that's a better first approach than just calling the cops. I don't think we need to be turning on each other.
This had absolutely nothing to do with mudholes!!!! Riding up and down the river,washing your quad in the river and riding on posted PRIVATE PROPERTY were the issues.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This had absolutely nothing to do with mudholes!!!! Riding up and down the river,washing your quad in the river and riding on posted PRIVATE PROPERTY were the issues.

lol im sorry but like really im sure everyone here as hit a river to get some mud off or cool down if your gonna start being a RAT i really think you should get out of this sport!

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For any activities of the ATV world, it is about how much and how many people ride the areas per weekend. There a few areas where we ride a few times a year, not many other folks go there.
After we tear it up for a weekend, it goes back to normal after a couple weeks. Even the swamps grows up and there is very little evidence that anyone was there.

May Long Weekend west of Redwater was filled with yahoos ripping up the country with some serious machines digging up the swamp. My concern was more about how fast they were riding down the trails, especially around corners and crossings.

ksean

Reaction score
Some of you guys just don’t seem to get it, either we police ourselves or the government and the press will do it for us and we probably won’t like how they do it.

When idiots, yahoos and rednecks destroy nature and break the law we should condemn their actions and when the press makes a big deal about it we should jump up and down, stamp our feet and agree that what has happened was wrong, then we should publicly, in the press if possible, disassociate ourselves from the guilty parties.

As a group, club or organization we are in a great position to offer guidance to those that don’t know better or choose not to care. Breaking the law is still breaking the law whether it is witnessed or not. If a law is broken and there is no one there to witness it, is the law really broken? The answer is YES!! Bad habits are difficult to break, if you get in the habit of following the rules then you never have to worry about getting caught breaking them. Don’t we all try to teach our children this basic fact right from birth?

As a group we should be developing rules and guidelines that all Snow & Mud members choose to adhere to. These need to be legal and work for us all while we still have the opportunity to do it ourselves. Yes there will be some concessions to be made but better we start this process now ourselves than have someone else’s rules forced upon us later.

I know this sounds kind of preachy but I really don’t want to loose the privilege, yes privilege, of being able to ride on public and crown lands.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get everyone's problem with washing off a machine in a river. We wash the mud off ours after every ride when we are on rig street(right after the first bridge go down the hill and turn left and there is a little man made gravel pit with water in it.) it's not like i'm scrubbing the oil and grease off just getting the mud off so it doesn't sit there for several days and washing the rad off with ice cream pales

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Truthfully,,,, not one person with the biggest quad or even a 4x4 could do as much destruction to any puddle/swamp/creek/river as mother nature,,,, REALLY!!!! Look at the North Saskachawan right now,, an absalute muck,,,,,, it wasnt from quaders, it is spring rains mixed with run off from the mountains,,,, but it is ok, it is natural,,,,,, you get 3 guys washing a muddy quad in Prairie Creek and I have a fishing rod in my hand,,,,, my blood is boiling, and am in the quad busness,,,,, it is public opinion,,, and that opinion is fueled by naturlists and groups set out to save the wilderness from US! That is all. We are thousands of meandering atv lovers with the only goal of having fun. Thats all,,,, not many want to get invloved and save the trails,,,,,, I try and get out every year and clean up what I use,, and even open up a new trail that has logs across it to lighten the load on other trails,,,,,,, the 4x4 club has gotten a trail up baseline designated for thier use,,, and we have a couple here and there,, but the numbers dont match,,,, we are loosing a battle fast. The only hope is to join a REAL ATV Club,,,,,, not just a forum on the internet,,,,, get involved and get serious about it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Washing in creeks n rivers is normal. Right next to a hwy is dumb. Mother nature makes a big mess of her own creeks. About 8 yrs ago nordegg got so much rain that the little 4' deep and 6' wide creeks were tore up. I couldn't even find a back eddy for fishing. All the bridges on the trunk road. Gone!! After that storm the creeks were a 100' wide and 1/2 deep. They were now gravel bars. So a quad crossing a creek is the end of the world as far as I'm concerned. I just try to do it where I'm not being watched. Kinds like this spring when the snow melted and quads are in the water on the yellowhead out by stony plain and lake eden In the ditches ripping ch!t up for all the commuters to see the ruts. There's a place for that where it's not seen by everyone.

Top Bottom