Montana car dealers willing to sell to Canadians!!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any dealers that are willing to sell to Canadians in Montana, I am trying to purchase a Toyota or a Honda in the USA but am finding it difficult to find a dealership that will sell to Canadians, and for a $6000 savings I'm not willing to spend those kind of dollars at the local dealers here, it's a joke that the price point is so far apart and that the local guys won't give a better cash price deal here.If anyone wants to know how much we are getting ripped off for the same product just go to edmunds.com and see the prices paid forum. ( 2012 honda pilot touring best canadian cash price $47000 OTD. best USA cash price $37500 OTD). wish I had an American address.
Please if anyone has contact info on dealers in the Montana area for Toyota or Honda, please put it out there.

Thanks.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealers on sleds, bikes ,cars etc are not allowed to sell you a brand new vehicle to canadaians, a used one yes. maybe leave your name with a few for a low milw used car. or ask around, someone is always willing to buy a vehicle and then sell it to you for a few bucks. thus a used vehicle in theory as it has been titled.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the dealer is good they will demo it for a week get a 100 miles on it and sell it to you as used or get the salesman to buy it then sell it too u it has to be registered in the states before they can sell it to us

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason for all this insanity is because the greedy auto makers in Ontario are the highest paid auto makers in the world. 73/hour and now they want more. Sad really.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason for all this insanity is because the greedy auto makers in Ontario are the highest paid auto makers in the world. 73/hour and now they want more. Sad really.

Does the price of fuel and the wages paid to those that bring it to us have anything to do with it? Must be comparable to $73.00 an hour.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Move to the us then and stop destroying the economy for everyone else.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You worried he might make a habit out of buying from the states and you might be out of a job?

Dealerships and manufactures in Canada need a wakeup call IMO. No reason things should be that much cheaper south of the border especially where our dollar is now.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Move to the us then and stop destroying the economy for everyone else.

My gripe is the mark up from a lot of dealers here. I am completely understanding it will cost more then in the states, but not to the extent it does. Everyone has to make a dollar, but many dealers attitude here is they need to make their living off of one fawking sale, most dealers are SO shady. I know it's also the maker making a bigger cut on canadian sales then usa, but it's also the dealer to. And a lot of their attitudes are go somewhere else if you want, someone else will buy here no matter how chitty we are to deal with.

Buying a vehicle should be kind of a fun experience, but it's not. It's like getting teeth pulled, wait i'd rather get teeth pulled actually. Granted I know you work at a sled dealer and i've never bought one new, I seem to believe that the experience is about the same (the prices are just as stupidly high as vehicles anyway).

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. I buy almost everything new and have walked out of so many dealerships because of that attitude. If you don't want it at full sticker someone else will. Blow me if I can't get a decent deal here I ill take my money elsewhere and if they go out of business it their fault and the manufactures fault not mine. And at 120/hr for service i won't be back for any repairs unless it is completely covered by warrantee. You are better off with a good independent mechanic and forgetting about the warrantee.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. I buy almost everything new and have walked out of so many dealerships because of that attitude. If you don't want it at full sticker someone else will. Blow me if I can't get a decent deal here I ill take my money elsewhere and if they go out of business it their fault and the manufactures fault not mine. And at 120/hr for service i won't be back for any repairs unless it is completely covered by warrantee. You are better off with a good independent mechanic and forgetting about the warrantee.

Exactly. I went today with my mom as she bought a new truck and can't stand dealing with them so I did it. At first they offered a price without even the full rebates and came up with a BS excuse when I called them on it. It pisses me off it takes an hour to get them to give me the best price, because their first offer they are holding back $8000. Seriously when I come in and say give me the best price and you give me MRSP-rebates and say that's it? Fawk off. And it pisses me off so much when they say "oh we're loosing like $5,000 on this truck just to make a deal". I hate liars so much. You'd be out of business so fast your head would spin if you pulled this garbage in any other type of business.

I agree with that. Last year I had a truck in 7 times, a total of 3 months to fix a minor electrical issue. The amount of money I lost in downtime I could of just paid for it to be fixed myself.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all in finding a good dealer. For sales if I wanted a new GM truck ( or car) ( you couldn't give me one, but this is just an example) I can get one within a few grand of a "good deal" in the US. That said the same dealers service department blows and if all you like hearing is "Cannot replicate condition" or "Normal" I wouldn't be bothered. That said I find most GM dealers that way with warranty now..... but if you want to pay for it they do it in a heartbeat while charging anywhere from $115 to $130 an hour........ for some retarded monkey apprentice to screw it up.. Pass. I just buy things without warranty personally and never go to any dealer service department, ever. I am glad I have the software and knowledge to do almost anything myself. Well and an independent shop run by excellent people for the stuff I simply don't want to do.

I know another dealer for Dodge that is also very good on sales and has an excellent service department..... if you want a Chrysler vehicle which I don't.

They are out there but the thing with Alberta is the $$ that come in are throwing "customer service" to the wayside. Cities and places along major highways will be the worst.... because they can get away with it more easily. So many guys just talk monthly payments, not total price and as long as it fits within whatever budget that is all that matters. Everybody is in a hurry and needs it now... plus with the volume of 6 figure income earners it doesn't take long to make those one time never see them again sales. You get enough volume to make the business a revolving door so if they pi$$ off every second customer who really cares..... another 20 meat balls will be in the door anyhow..... that day.

I personally always try and buy locally first. That said I also don't overpay for items so if that means I have to go elsewhere to get it, I won't hesitate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom