Mono Suit Opinions

thiels2

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious what others are currently running for higher quality mono suits? Just got a new Lochsa Suit under warranty and it doesn’t fit near as good as the model I’ve worn for past couple seasons. Apparently they made the fit a lot bigger in their current lineup. Just curious if anyone has tried any other brand after Klim and what your thoughts are?

Tried on a Skidoo Helium Mono and an FXR Ranger Lite, both felt better than new Klim fit wise...

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just curious what others are currently running for higher quality mono suits? Just got a new Lochsa Suit under warranty and it doesn’t fit near as good as the model I’ve worn for past couple seasons. Apparently they made the fit a lot bigger in their current lineup. Just curious if anyone has tried any other brand after Klim and what your thoughts are?

Tried on a Skidoo Helium Mono and an FXR Ranger Lite, both felt better than new Klim fit wise...

What size? My medium is a bit tight cause I’m tall but skinny so it’s loose pretty much everywhere else.
Klim caters to dif shaped ppl lol

thiels2

Reaction score
Mines an XL and very baggy in the chest area even with all adjustments. Tried on a large at dealership today and it was better but a little restrictive in spots... yup it seems that way lol

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have always rode Klim until this year when I bought a FXR Ranger Lite, was skeptical at first but got a killer deal and have to say I absolutely love the suit.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size? My medium is a bit tight cause I’m tall but skinny so it’s loose pretty much everywhere else.
Klim caters to dif shaped ppl lol

Klim is clueless in their sizing. I wear a size 12 boot and I couldn't get half my foot into a Klim size 12.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the FXR ranger lite, have had it fir 2 riding seasons and really like the fit of it. It’s comfortable to wear and even bought my wife the ladies one, she doesn’t sled hardly but uses it snowboarding, x-country skiing, snowshoeing and for any other winter activities and she raves about how nice it fits and feels. Lots of venting in them and the google wipe is a plus, plenty of pockets and the snaps to hold the pant cuffs down match nicely with my fxr boots.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never owned Klim monosuit but used to wear their bibs and pants. Switched to Tobe monosuit and never looking back. Lots of thought put into them and they keep you dry.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a klim ripsa size large, fits awesome, im only 5'7" about 200. I had an fxr suit but got wet in it, it fit nice but poor quality IMO so i sold it after a couple rides, also tried on a tobe but the large was huge lol, liked the klim fit the best

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The only way to see if a one-piece suit works for you is to try them on, sizing can be different from brand to brand and what might fit someone, might be crappy for someone else. Go with the one that feels and fits you the best, that is all that matters anyway.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to see if a one-piece suit works for you is to try them on, sizing can be different from brand to brand and what might fit someone, might be crappy for someone else. Go with the one that feels and fits you the best, that is all that matters anyway.

And make sure you both sit/stand on a sled when you try it on and consider whether or not you wear things like knee braces or a tek vest. When I tried on a L it for nice but there would have been no room for knee braces or a vest. When I sat on a sled the legs got tight as well so I switched up to an XL.

Personal preference is definitely key in most purchases.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a klim ripsa size large, fits awesome, im only 5'7" about 200. I had an fxr suit but got wet in it, it fit nice but poor quality IMO so i sold it after a couple rides, also tried on a tobe but the large was huge lol, liked the klim fit the best

You have to select the right model with TOBE. The Macer is a slimmer fit while the others are larger fitting. I have found you go a size smaller than you think. As always try one on first is best.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I went naked in my fxr mono. Spring time conditions and I sweated a bit but didn’t get cold. Naked, mono suit farts are very potent. Prolly 20% more powerful than when wearing a base layer. Very enjoyable. Would fart again no problem.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have been around for a long time.
My Dad wore this in 77,,78. when he had cats.

6aaac8af3d0c9a30eaf84c9cc8f75935.jpg

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it’s time for me to get new gear I’m thinking of going with a monosuit, sounds like FXR is the new go to as far as value goes, following this thread for info

Top Bottom