FXR mono suit

kganch

Reaction score
Looking at buying an FXR ranger lite mono suit. I'm around 6 foot one 193lbs. Trying to decide on a size. Does anyone have this particular suit. Looking at a medium or large

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that suit and am 5’ 10” and about the same weight, it’s a touch baggy for me. I think next time I will spent a couple more bucks and go with TOBE, I think the water proofing is much better, I’ve had my ranger for over 2 years now and it doesn’t take much to get wet.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying an FXR ranger lite mono suit. I'm around 6 foot one 193lbs. Trying to decide on a size. Does anyone have this particular suit. Looking at a medium or large

Large should fit perfect

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fxr is junk, do yourself a favour and get a klim or a Tobe. Youll be wet after a season or two in the FXR, riding buddy of mine has had 3 fxr monosuits and all of them started failing after the first season. He keeps buying them due to the discount a buddy of his gets from a racing sponsorship, he just gets a new one every couple years for like $250-300 lol. I have a large Klim monosuit, 2 full seasons and ive never once been close to damp, fits awesome, little long as im only 5'8 but im 200lbs so mediums dont fit around my shoulders and chest. I really liked the Tobe as well but fit isnt as good for me, also tougher to find is why i went Klim

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fxr is junk, do yourself a favour and get a klim or a Tobe. Youll be wet after a season or two in the FXR, riding buddy of mine has had 3 fxr monosuits and all of them started failing after the first season. He keeps buying them due to the discount a buddy of his gets from a racing sponsorship, he just gets a new one every couple years for like $250-300 lol. I have a large Klim monosuit, 2 full seasons and ive never once been close to damp, fits awesome, little long as im only 5'8 but im 200lbs so mediums dont fit around my shoulders and chest. I really liked the Tobe as well but fit isnt as good for me, also tougher to find is why i went Klim

Is he applying the water proofing spray after each season?

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going on my 3rd season with my Tobe mono suit and never once spayed it with water proofing. Still dry after a long day. Only place that gets wetc at times is my shins where snow can get up and between the outer and inner layer.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going on my 3rd season with my Tobe mono suit and never once spayed it with water proofing. Still dry after a long day. Only place that gets wetc at times is my shins where snow can get up and between the outer and inner layer.
And that’s the reason I will be making the switch, shouldn’t have to continually spray down your gear. I’ll also be getting the sledding boots as well, my feet are always wet in the fxr boots and the cost is the same as the TOBE

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that’s the reason I will be making the switch, shouldn’t have to continually spray down your gear. I’ll also be getting the sledding boots as well, my feet are always wet in the fxr boots and the cost is the same as the TOBE

Tobe has some great warranty. My boots had some stitching come undone and they sent out a new pair of boots after seeing some pics.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can vouch for the quality of tobe. i've never heard of having to spray your gear with waterproofing from any quality snow sport clothing manufacturer like burton, north face, arc'teryx, etc because the nature of the materials themselves perform the waterproofing.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am 6’1” and 225. I wear a XL in my FXR but I also wear knee braces and the L would have been too tight in the legs and too short with braces on. Likewise I used to wear a tek vest before I had a BCA avy pack vest and the L would have been too tight. A lot depends on build and what other gear you wear.

No issues with mine so far, dry and happy.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your thinking does not add up for me. If this guy can have a brand new suite each season that costs him $250/year and at that price he never gets wet but certainly gets new colours to match his new sled. At the same time you wear the same suite for 4 years for the same money and deal with the burn holes, stains and the rainbow scheme that you had in 2017, maybe he is better off? I am on the 3rd season with my FXR gear and it is just starting to show its age. It is certainly a bit lighter built than Klim but it is also a lot less pricy.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your thinking does not add up for me. If this guy can have a brand new suite each season that costs him $250/year and at that price he never gets wet but certainly gets new colours to match his new sled. At the same time you wear the same suite for 4 years for the same money and deal with the burn holes, stains and the rainbow scheme that you had in 2017, maybe he is better off? I am on the 3rd season with my FXR gear and it is just starting to show its age. It is certainly a bit lighter built than Klim but it is also a lot less pricy.
No rainbow here, i never voted liberal

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No he doesnt, i dont with my klim monosuit, didnt with all previous klim and tobe gear as well, shouldnt have to do that

Fxr-Supposed wash your gear and reapply the waterproofing once per season.. different companies do different things. The waterproof spray is 20 bucks. Not the end of the world.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fxr-Supposed wash your gear and reapply the waterproofing once per season.. different companies do different things. The waterproof spray is 20 bucks. Not the end of the world.
When hes getting wet steady every deep spring ride the 1st season of owning the suit its hard to back it and the purchase spray to essentially put lipstick on a pig. My last klim gear lasted a long time before i got damp. My pants were 7 seasons, got damp one real warm and deep spring day, and i never once had an issue with my coat. Had my insulated klim coat for 10 years, and my non insulated one for 4 years. Just washed my gear once a season and that is all

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weight difference between the fxr and TOBE is very noticeable as well, TOBE feels a lot lighter

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weight difference between the fxr and TOBE is very noticeable as well, TOBE feels a lot lighter

FXR has a couple materials to choose from. The stretch material is super light but not quite as durable as the heavy duty non-stretch that you are likely talking about.

Top Bottom