Modine Hot Dawg garage heaters in Edmonton

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking to put a Modine Hot Dawg forced air furnace in my garage. Any recommendations on where a guy should pick one up in the Edmonton area? My garage is small (20x22) and with a low ceiling so thats why the hot dawg appeals to me due to its compact size and quiet operation (they claim its the quietest on the market). A good friend of mine had one in his shop a few years back but he can't remember where he got it from and has since moved out to the east coast. I never really understood why the previous owner of my house didn't put a heater in. Its fully insulated, drywalled and has the gas line right there available, two 220V outlets and its lit up like a surgical room (the guy had a mint 50's chevy 2 door hard top in the garage when I first looked at the place, obviously he was a gearhead) so go figure. Either way I want a warm place to tinker on my sled and do some projects.

Thanks!

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris @ DC Climate solutions can help you out. Modine kind of fell off but there making a comeback pretty good now. 1-780-266-3820.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Emco HVAC on the west end and they had a pile of Advanced Distributor Products unit heaters for $595. They were pretty low profile and 45,000 btu( all they had).
I think a 45,000 Reznor is probably $200-$250 more. Make sure whatever you buy has local parts and or support available or you may be waiting for them to get shipped.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I started looking at Reznor's product lineup and reviews and see that they have a pretty good product as well. It looks like their UDAP model is fairly comparable to the hot dawg in terms of size and performance. I'll be getting a price on them here next week when everyone is back to normal operating hours.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Reznor 45000 UDAP in my buddies garage last week, i usually install 250000 BTU and up commercial type stuff. Reznor is a few bucks more than the other brands but the quality is there. This little low profile unit was slick, super easy install and is very quite. I have a great relationship with RSL (wholesaler) if you are interested i can get some pricing for you. I believe his heater was around $750, right around what hbar218 mentioned. If the gas line is already there and you have lots of room to vent out the side wall(have to see whats out there to follow the code) it would be a relativity easy install. I'm into a little side work here and there. I installed one for Chrisco last winter. PM if interested.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 27 yr old Reznor in my old garage and worked like a champ. Now have a 45000 BTU in my new place, hopefully get 27yrs outta this one too.
There was a guy selling them for $800 this summer on kijiji

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the adp unit heaters in both of my garages 45k btu in one and 75k btu unit in the other
no issues with either heater but only had the 45k for a year and this is the first winter with the 75k unit
parts are easy to come by for these units as both wolseley and emco sell them

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I looked on kijiji shortly after my last post out of curiosity. Low and behold a guy had a brand new, in the box Reznor UDAP 45k btu heater. A few emails, $500 later and shes mine! I'm excited now haha!

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I looked on kijiji shortly after my last post out of curiosity. Low and behold a guy had a brand new, in the box Reznor UDAP 45k btu heater. A few emails, $500 later and shes mine! I'm excited now haha!
Good score, Reznor parts are easy to get locally . If you install yourself make sure to set Gas pressure( natural gas) to 2.8"wc for Canada high altitude.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sweet price, 100% set manifold pressure , if not that heat exchanger will be toast in a few years.

Top Bottom