mod ideals

dwayneh

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I bought myself a 95 XLT SP. This thing is in excellent shape with just under 600 miles on it. It was stored in a barn for years looking really dusty and old but when I got it home and cleaned it up the thing basically looks brand new.

The reason I bought it was to basically turn it into a project sled, I have time on my hands and dont mind spending a few bucks to make this thing as fast as possible. So give me some ideals what to do and how to go about it.

Thanks

bbecker17

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with the sled, are you planning on making a ditch banger or a lake racer? Either way i would start with bar risers after that search old threads and see what apeals to you,

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
psi pipes worked awsome on those, add some lightweight parts and they rip pretty good...fun old sled

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decker used to make triple pipes for them that worked very well.I had mine Ported and polished and installed thunderdome "E" heads and dynoed at 135 HP. with all the mods I done to mine I had to be very careful on the fuel I ran. Stale premium just didn't cut it. Should have been running at least 100 octane fuel. I blew that engine so many times that Wisco started sending me a catalog. live and learn. With that being said just keep it stock and enjoy it for what it is.

dwayneh

Reaction score
ya after doing a ton of research I see that the mods are pretty limited that can be done without causing issues. What about adding 38mm carbs instead of the current 34mm carbs and maybe some cluth work.. will this give some more performance of just problems?

Top Bottom