misfiring cat

powderpusher

Reaction score
Any one know what could be causing my 440 jag to be misfiring,it runs well on both cylinders when cold but after a couple minutes it starts misfiring on the clutch side cylinder,checked the compression when engine was hot both sides are good,replaced coil,plugs,wires but still runs the same seems like it is not getting enough spark on one hole ,it starts to run rough and tries to stall right out and floods itself badly once it starts acting up ,any help would be greatly appreciated as i need to get this sled running properly before xmas as i bought it for the kids as a gift:confused:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem a few years ago on a carb sled. It ran fine cold but terrible when it was warm. I eventually found that the choke cable was not adjusted properly and the plunger on the choke was not fully seated. Basically the choke was slightly open and it made that one cylinder too rich to the point it fouled the plug and flooded that cylinder. Easy problem to solve but hard to find. If you had your carbs out to change jets and the jam nut is not tight on the choke cable or if the choke cable is twisted - it will make a difference.

powderpusher

Reaction score
FOUND THE PROBLEM <TURNS OUT I HAD A WEAK COIL <CHANGED IT OUY SLED RUNS PERFECT <GIVE IT TO THE KIDS AS A EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT NOW THAT WE HAVE SNOW.THE SLED SEEMS TO RUN GREAT AND DONT MISS A BEAT SO THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS ANY INFO HELPS:cool::cool:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FOUND THE PROBLEM <TURNS OUT I HAD A WEAK COIL <CHANGED IT OUY SLED RUNS PERFECT <GIVE IT TO THE KIDS AS A EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT NOW THAT WE HAVE SNOW.THE SLED SEEMS TO RUN GREAT AND DONT MISS A BEAT SO THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS ANY INFO HELPS:cool::cool:

Glad to hear you have the problem solved! The kids will love it i'm sure! When I read your thread the first thing that came to mind was a bad coil. I've replaced a coil in an old E'tigre I had and the symptoms were identicle. Weak spark causing flooding and fowled plug on one side.

Top Bottom