Misfiring 05 Summit 1000

ForeverRMK!

Reaction score
My brother has a 05 1000 and it not making him happy.It started out leaking antifreeze.(front cooler)Now the fuel pump keeps running after it's shut off,was running good for a half a day then would start bogging out.If you let it sit for a while then it would go again,now it only runs good for a couple seconds then startes bogging out.The headlight and gauges are flashing and it sounds like it is only firing on one cylinder.He can't get it in anywhere for a month and they won't give him any info over the phone without bringing it in.If anyone can help him it would be greatly apprecated!:realmad:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
my brother has a 05 1000 and it not making him happy.it started out leaking antifreeze.(front cooler)now the fuel pump keeps running after it's shut off,was running good for a half a day then would start bogging out.if you let it sit for a while then it would go again,now it only runs good for a couple seconds then startes bogging out.the headlight and gauges are flashing and it sounds like it is only firing on one cylinder.he can't get it in anywhere for a month and they won't give him any info over the phone without bringing it in.if anyone can help him it would be greatly apprecated!:realmad:

sounds like a weak battery..... Had same symptons on mine last year......... Also recomend replacing the 3 relays in the fuse box -- they're like $9.00 each at napa......... Keep us in touch.

ForeverRMK!

Reaction score
Thanks Summitric,we tried it with a battery charger on boost and it didn't make a difference, those relays are clicking on and off so he is buying some new ones.Also when the fuel pump keeps running you can hear gas running back into the tank and it doesn't pressure up and shut off.When you tap on the relay then it will shut off, it won't even start now so we will see after he replaces the relays.(crossing our fingers)

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your ground strap from the battery is tight, located just behind the battery in the foot well. Is the tank pressurizing on the sled?? If you look straight up from the chain case just under the windshield on the rhs, you will see a 8 pin connector, open the connector and check for corrosion. Some very crucial connections with in that harness. Just my two cents.

freakshow12

Reaction score
you are on the right track with the relays. also test the battery with a multi meter. it needs 12.8 volts to be good and when charging its gotta be in the 14's.

Top Bottom