Misfire/Bog when 2011 Assault gets to Temp

Borquois

Reaction score
My 2011 Assault 800 developed a bog last weekend coming down the trail in Vale. I can't figure out what is causing it to run like this. Once I pass 4000-5000 RPM the engine kicks in back to fulll power until I let off the throttle again. Could this be a TPS issue? I've also heard a bog can develop with the throttle safety switch but I have no idea where to even start with that. I broke my killswitch on an earlier trip but its an open circuit so i just cut out the wiring and taped it up so a short wouldn't develop until I get new parts to fix it.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a tps could cause this, even if your not seeing any sort of fault code or light. Also, could be fuel related. Fuel regulator or even a pump. Check fuel pressure. Tether can also cause grief

Borquois

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll start with my TPS, I removed my tether when I took off my broken kill switch because it was cutting out because of a bad connection in the little plunger so that was causing an issue until I removed it. Any idea how much it is at the dealership for a new TPS with install if the old one is broken and not just set properly.

straightshooter

Reaction score
The tps is pretty expensive 2 or 300 dollars. if u have a voltmeter and some mech skills read on sw on how to adjust / set it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom