Ministik Trails for the 09/10 season

gomez1234

Reaction score
The post is not true about the quads not being allowed in Ministik , I checked with Alberta Sustainable Resources today 780-464-7955, he stated that QUADS ARE ALLOWED, the quads have the same rights and have to follow the same rules as snowmobiles. I do agree that everybody should support the |Tri County Snowmobile assoc to maintain the trails by buying a membership to help pay for the groomer.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK Gomez if you and your buddies go out there on your ATVs please dont spin around doing donuts. It cost thousands of $$$$$ to keep the trail as packed as they can and ATVs can ruin it fast. Same as horses that use the trails even when they have their own out there. See a TRI-County member out there slip the member some cash for the upkeep of the trail. Cant sell you a trailpass because you being a ATV. Respect the trails and all will be fine. Tell your friends also.
Thanks

SKIROULE

Reaction score
You know, There are far more places to run your quad in the summer months. the sled season is short and with few places to enjoy and legaly ride in this province. The Ministik trails are kept up by the club for the Paid members and are intended for SNOWMOBILES! Just because some goverment agency says you can ride your quad you know you really aren't wanted or should be out there. I know this will ruffle a few feathers but I'm just being honest. Furhermore, If quads start running out there and trashing the trails for my paid membership. I will not be buying a Tri County pass next year!:mad:

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2
Quadders have sleds, sledders have quads. We all curse when we have to sled through miles of ruts...therefore when we're on the quad, we stay off the snowmobile trails (empathy).:nono:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know, There are far more places to run your quad in the summer months. the sled season is short and with few places to enjoy and legaly ride in this province. The Ministik trails are kept up by the club for the Paid members and are intended for SNOWMOBILES! Just because some goverment agency says you can ride your quad you know you really aren't wanted or should be out there. I know this will ruffle a few feathers but I'm just being honest. Furhermore, If quads start running out there and trashing the trails for my paid membership. I will not be buying a Tri County pass next year!:mad:

Ministic is a big area, there are lots of places to ride that aren’t groomed, there is room to ride both, just respect the terrain and ride responsibly, we have been riding sleds, quads and horse’s in the winter there for years as we live close.....and horse’s in the summer when it’s open to do so…….

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is the trail that leads to Hay Lakes?????????? is that part of the trail open?????????????where do you get on the trail???????????is it around Joseph lake campground???????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

going for a rip tomorrow, would like to know

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is the trail that leads to hay lakes?????????? Is that part of the trail open?????????????where do you get on the trail???????????is it around joseph lake campground???????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Going for a rip tomorrow, would like to know

anyone?????????????

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Hay Lakes trail is up and running. It will be groomed again soon. This trail is very very hard to sign all the way because the trail goes across FARMERS fields. We have it sighed as much as we can. PLEASE be a little patient to ride this trail. The snow blows a cover over the trail and YES it is hard to follow. We can NOT sign it ion the farmers fields thus a little hard to follow. If we groom it again (which we will) we hope it we be readable. The snow conditions play a big part on this trail. NO snow , groomer does not show a trail. SO please be patient !!!!
THANK YOU one of the TRI-COUNTY members
OH ! The Trail does start going to Hay Lakes through the ally way at the Centennial Camp Ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom