Milwaukee tools

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those 5 A were they M 18,s HO,s how was pricing gonna need 1 for my impact.

Impact I’d go 6. But for the tools I have these 5 standards work well. Most my tools came with 1.5 so these 5 seem amazing. I think they were $125 each.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Impact I’d go 6. But for the tools I have these 5 standards work well. Most my tools came with 1.5 so these 5 seem amazing. I think they were $125 each.
I have a 12 that I use with my impact. Not sure when I had to charge it last. Keeps hammering off bolts and never seems to be under 4 lights.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in this thread have a 1/2 impact by milwaukee? Bit of a dilemma as to which 1 i should ask for, for xmas. I have seen the new 1/2 HT version which is very nice btw, and also looked at the 1/2 MT version as well, now 1 is gen 2 and the other is gen 3 with 2x as much torque. Pricing on these seems to be very close as to why no idea, so my dilemma is which would you pick? I just would like to have 1 around for trucks/cars and toys no big stuff to impact on. Asking what members think and how they like theirs if they have 1 and which model, purely for around the farm/house or would this be overkill size wise?:unsure:
I have a few High torques, a pile of mid torques and a bunch of low torques.. they will all buzz lug nuts off with ease. Even on a 1 ton.. Mid torque usually won't spin off an axle nut, but I haven't tried with the new gen 2's.

I just picked up a case of the new Forge batteries, liking the performance so far, just about all of my 9's and 12's have crapped out.. pretty disappointed with that, probably have 25-30 5amp hour batteries and only had one of those crap out over 7 years..... they also shouldn't cost more than $110/each,

Attachments

• Snapchat-316659947.mp4
    11 MB

brokenbones4

Reaction score
I went to the KMS sale also, was #20 in line, got my bag of free swag. Got a free 3ah high output battery as well. Tried the new forge battery in my leaf blower which kills batteries and it performed well. Also picked up the new slim mid torque 1/2" impact. I love my high torque 1/2" and 3/4" impacts but they are to bulky for some jobs.

Attachments

• 20231014_141806.jpg
    20231014_141806.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 92

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in this thread have a 1/2 impact by milwaukee? Bit of a dilemma as to which 1 i should ask for, for xmas. I have seen the new 1/2 HT version which is very nice btw, and also looked at the 1/2 MT version as well, now 1 is gen 2 and the other is gen 3 with 2x as much torque. Pricing on these seems to be very close as to why no idea, so my dilemma is which would you pick? I just would like to have 1 around for trucks/cars and toys no big stuff to impact on. Asking what members think and how they like theirs if they have 1 and which model, purely for around the farm/house or would this be overkill size wise?:unsure:

I have both, depends on what you really want to do with it, but at home the smaller 1/2 will do everything automotive wise, more compact etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few High torques, a pile of mid torques and a bunch of low torques.. they will all buzz lug nuts off with ease. Even on a 1 ton.. Mid torque usually won't spin off an axle nut, but I haven't tried with the new gen 2's.

I just picked up a case of the new Forge batteries, liking the performance so far, just about all of my 9's and 12's have crapped out.. pretty disappointed with that, probably have 25-30 5amp hour batteries and only had one of those crap out over 7 years..... they also shouldn't cost more than $110/each,
That's sure is a pile of Impacts dude, cannot imagine a case of the new forge batts though those would be a fortune i bet. If pricing does not come down gonna get the Gen 3 1/2 impact HT as opposed to the MT. Buddy has the older HT model and only uses a 2ah batt says that thing will twist nuts/studs off like nothing. I could see if i was using it all the time get a bigger batt but for just on my trucks/cars/toys i think 5 will suffice unless of course i see a new forge 6 for a decent price then i will grab it. The new HT i seen a guy torque up to 2200ft lbs with it and that is a little crazy for a 1/2 inch anvil.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new HT 1/2 impact should be good for the rest of my life lol! Wow. Works amazing on a 5ah battery would not want to get to carried away lol! Good deal as well, and great to have in the arsenal:) Btw these Gen 3,s are 300usd which is 410cdn watch out for price gougers.

2967-20_Includes.webp

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price diff on a Gen2 MT that came out in 2020 and the Gen3 that's new more power is better to have just in case, just have to be careful. Not sure why they are playing this game though makes no sense Gen 2 should be min 100 less if not more.

TimG

Reaction score
2200 ft-lbs would snap off a semi stud like it wasn’t even there. It would be like reefing on a nut with a breaker bar that’s over 20’ long. I’ll believe it when I see it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What setting you have it on right there? Also thought these need a bit of ventilation or you might be having a nap. Was thinking of getting me one of these they are very nice.
You can personally use one at your own will, I have one for my shed however we have seen some try one on jobsites we are unable to enter there sites as direct fired are against OHS regulations in an enclosed space due to carbon monoxide emissions.

Top Bottom