Mid July still pissed off

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid 2.6 on my axys falling apart and no warranty

Tracks are a tough one to warranty on any mountain sled. If it is an obvious delamination problem with no apparent abuse such as cuts, missing lugs, gouges, or over speeds. Generally warranty will cover it. Otherwise forget it. One of the things people do not realize is heavy lugged tracks do have a speed rating, generally below 80km/hr. Excessive track speed can cause severe track damage and eventual failure. The manufacture reserves the right to make that decision.
I have been using Camoplast tracks for years and i have lost track of how many tracks i have blown through. Probably 8-10 tracks over the years but i do remember only 3 were warranty. The majority of my track failures was caused by excessive track speeds. The bigger and more aggressive the track, the slower they are or expect the track to lose lugs and delame.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the too much spacing in the track clips mike, the track wears through from riding on the sliders and rips

Been so many this winter I've seen posted, they should fix every one, and fix them to keep from happening

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks are a black art for dealers and manufacturers. Obviously the makers of the tracks offer no warranty so the sled manufacturer and the dealer are the ones that pass on the bad news to the customer and end up being the bad guys.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks are a black art for dealers and manufacturers. Obviously the makers of the tracks offer no warranty so the sled manufacturer and the dealer are the ones that pass on the bad news to the customer and end up being the bad guys.

I have gotten warranty from Camoplast in the past, 3 times. I've never had an experience with dealer's though as 100% of all my sleds bought in years end up with a track swap and i sell the OEM track.
In fact the track i'am running now and have been running for 3 season's is a Camoplast extreme given to me as a test track originally because of the delamination issue they were having with the extreme tracks on turbo's.
CR-racing got six 2.5" and 3" test tracks to be used on turbo's as test mules, at the end of the season a test report was sent to Camoplast and six of us got to keep the tracks. So far this track has held together for 3 seasons enduring 4 stroke turbo abuse and track speeds.

I do know track warranty is difficult to get, as there are too many variables. I've heard of guys trying to get warranty on 3" and even the 2.5", for burnt out track clips and damaged rods. Mean while they were out on hard pack with no sort of scatchers a good part of the day traveling at higher speeds then should had in those conditions. Some people fail to realize that these heavy lug tracks are for DEEP snow and when on hard pack, you need to take it slow.
When i claim a warranty on my tracks i already know it is a 50/50 chance. Plus its expensive to do the claim. You pay to ship it out and if denied you pay to ship it back or they will file it in the dumpster for ya. Then you go buy another track. If its covered by warranty they will cover the shipping.
As for OEM track's, i suspect it might be up to the dealer discretion with the manufactures guide lines they are bonded to fallow.

The other thing i might mention that i see virtually every time i go sledding is neglected tracks. I see new sleds guys are running around on and the track has its cords hanging out along the edges. I have seen some so bad that i'm sure if i took a measuring tape some of the cord would measure 2-3inches. That on its own will delame a track and eventually destroy it.
Its an easy fix guys, all you need to do is take a propane or butane torch and go along the edge of the track and melt the cord back...and voila its fixed.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have only seen warranty from the sled manufacturer a few times when there is a known issue. For the most part they won't even look at isolated cases. I tell the customer this, I can send it down in a 2 foot chunk and there is no guarantee they will cover it. 99% of guys won't commit to that.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Camo-extreme 3" after 7 or 8 rides, the 3 missing lugs happen in one pull. There was total of 5 lugs missing on this track. This was one of Camplast first 3" extreme tracks and this was very common on turbo'ed sleds. The track beside it was just a temporary replacement and is an experimental track from Camoplast. Notice the inset lugs. The belt is 16" wide, while the lug pattern is 15" wide, i only ran that track for a couple rides.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/mikeslund/DSC_0016.jpg

Last edited:

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the too much spacing in the track clips mike, the track wears through from riding on the sliders and rips

Been so many this winter I've seen posted, they should fix every one, and fix them to keep from happening
I've been toying with the idea of adding clips. But I can't find a clip crimper anywhere in Calgary. Not sure which one to order either.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Camo-extreme 3" after 7 or 8 rides, the 3 missing lugs happen in one pull. There was total of 5 lugs missing on this track. This was one of Camplast first 3" extreme tracks and this was very common on turbo'ed sleds. The track beside it was just a temporary replacement and is an experimental track from Camoplast. Notice the inset lugs. The belt is 16" wide, while the lug pattern is 15" wide, i only ran that track for a couple rides.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/mikeslund/DSC_0016.jpg

Isn't that the challenger x3 track? I'm pretty sure I have the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of adding clips. But I can't find a clip crimper anywhere in Calgary. Not sure which one to order either.
And adding some will help and or fix issue

Ask Chris from teth air on here, I think he was trying to come up with something, as his sled did the same thing

And he's a think outside the box kind of guy

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And adding some will help and or fix issue

Ask Chris from teth air on here, I think he was trying to come up with something, as his sled did the same thing

And he's a think outside the box kind of guy
Yea I was chatting with him. He was gonna order me some clips. But I don't really wanna spend $200 on a clip tool! Cycle works doesn't even have one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its not a normal thing to have to do, a guy should not have to do it ever

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a track clip crimping tool. I use it to re-tighten the clips once they loosen up. Or to replace them if missing. This used to be a common problem in the past. Don't seem to use it much any more.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a track clip crimping tool. I use it to re-tighten the clips once they loosen up. Or to replace them if missing. This used to be a common problem in the past. Don't seem to use it much any more.

X2
They were at one time an issue. I also had one but i think i gave it away with a sled i sold. Tracks have come a long ways since the 90's. I say 90's cause tracks saw little changes before that. It wasn't till us wackjobs started bolting on plastic padel's before someone decided HEY!!! we can make these. LOL

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, Im pretty sure my 1980 SS Yamaha and the 1993 PhazerII left a few plastic paddles on the mountain! LOL.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can use a good set of water pump pliers to put clips on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a camoplast tracK?

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I should have checked back earlier. On my sled it's all the rhs and the lugs are tearing 1/2 off, it started on a wet heavy deep day. Going down the trail they started spitting off. But the way it's splitting it looks like they where cut with a knife. Odds are I hit something I know but nothing I was ever aware of...
I am going to start track shopping looking at the 2.8 but on snowest there is talk of 3.5 pitch????

Top Bottom