Meth on a PRO turbo?

jkrabben

Reaction score
i know that in diesel trucks its mostly used for lowering egts with a water/meth kit, they normally see 50hp increase with 50% water and 50% meth, but not sure what the benefits would be on a 2 stroke sled

kylephilpot

Reaction score
i know that in diesel trucks its mostly used for lowering egts with a water/meth kit, they normally see 50hp increase with 50% water and 50% meth, but not sure what the benefits would be on a 2 stroke sled

On a two stroke sled as long as your runnin a turbo it will lower your Intake charge are temp Which inturn will give you lower combustion temperatures. It will add power, How much i am not exactly sure. It will also reduce the chance of detonation greatly. Allowing you to run a lower octane fuel if you wish.

Hooligen

Reaction score
I know some of the big power 4 strokers(apex's) are running meth injection, im curious as well if its worth the hastle of setting this up on a 2 stroke.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run it on a 2 stroke, On a 4 stroke your bottom end is sealed and lubed by oil. On a 2 stroke you are relying on a gas oil mixture lube your crank and rod bearings, the meth would want to wash it off.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I wouldn't run it on a 2 stroke, On a 4 stroke your bottom end is sealed and lubed by oil. On a 2 stroke you are relying on a gas oil mixture lube your crank and rod bearings, the meth would want to wash it off.

If you're injecting enough meth to wash it off your sled would not run!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe still can't see any amount of it being added being good for the bottom ends. Better give it a go and let the rest of us know.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be curious how much more boost one would be able to run before deto with the same fuel, if a guy could gain 2 3 pounds it would be pretty cool, any one tried this before. I have been throwing around the idea of a water to airintercooler to help with deto. Sure would be more fun to build and experiment on some else's dime. Haha

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i plan to soon, i had water injection on my duramax when i was racing it and it worked well, did a 70hp gain, but it adds timing, i still have parts off the truck and plan to tie in after turbo and before airbox, i will use a boost pressure switch so its boost activated and set it for above 9lbs of boost to come on

t_thall

Reaction score
Used it on my truck, worked great. I would not put it on a 2 stroke though- meth could wash the oil film off and your also putting water into your steel crank bearings....

Top Bottom