Meteor Mine Hill Climb!

Reaction score
I understood there is a ladys class as ive heard from arron and few others, its good to see the chicks killin it, hopefully theres more this year. MOMMA how come your not entering? You should giver a whirl!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understood there is a ladys class as ive heard from arron and few others, its good to see the chicks killin it, hopefully theres more this year. MOMMA how come your not entering? You should giver a whirl!

Lol You bet your babkas I'm entering. Cory Aaron and I were discussing what categories there would be this past Friday trying to fine tune the details. The biggest thing is we want to keep it flowing and give everyone a fair poke. It is my first time at this event, so I'm pretty much helping where I can and learning as I go. Jumping into the Secretary Treasurer role in the club has been fun. I'll bring it up when I go to work tomorrow. The way I figure it Chuck Norris and I were going to give er a go in the stock 800 category. fingers crossed we make it up!

I really look forward to this event! Sounds like such a wonderful time had by all.

Peace Out..
Momma :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have pics of the hill? just wondering if my turbo elan will suffice.

I dunno if I want to see the hill first... or just show up and muster the hoooo Haaaaa to git er done.... wee bit of butterflies for me yup!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have pics of the hill? just wondering if my turbo elan will suffice.

You will be fine, this stock Elan was out hi marking the hill ;)

DSC02071.jpg

IMGP0603.jpg

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL try close to 7 hrs, 6.5 if you are really stupid or if you have skis on the roof rack. They need a lot more snow to make it worth the drive IMO. Only reporting 6 ft at 6500 ft elevation, that might leave lots of rocks exposed at the Mine. Pops was up Snowater and said that there is stuff still poking out.

your right, not much snow here you really should just stay in cow town:cool:......

there was more then 6 feet up meteor in late dec.-early jan......take it for what its worth.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right, not much snow here you really should just stay in cow town:cool:......

there was more then 6 feet up meteor in late dec.-early jan......take it for what its worth.

LOL can't make it anyway, but was considering it up until that point. I'm just going by what the snow reports and the old man are telling me so don't take my word as gospel.

Here's the view from the top Maxwell, I thought hillclimbing was for peeps with no skills though, aren't you a technical rider?.....and some of your competition that might be back this year.....:)

Attachments

• Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 259

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pix,,, wish it was closer too... fak wish everything in BC was closer or if I owned a heli and several lodges that could work too..

nice modman too the top!!!! looks like a nice lil pull and kool hill right in front of the cabin thats sweet,,,!!! ( hey maybe saturday ride mm? castle?)

anyone taking their heli on sunday pick me up im in!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL can't make it anyway, but was considering it up until that point. I'm just going by what the snow reports and the old man are telling me so don't take my word as gospel.

Here's the view from the top Maxwell, I thought hillclimbing was for peeps with no skills though, aren't you a technical rider?.....and some of your competition that might be back this year.....:)

looks like some pretty technical lines there! but im scared of heights so you wont see me at the top of that hill LOL

looks like that kitty came down the unfavorable way ahha

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like some pretty technical lines there! but im scared of heights so you wont see me at the top of that hill LOL

looks like that kitty came down the unfavorable way ahha

??? kitty was just fine, snow in the belly is from hitting drifts, hood is removeable (refer to headlight on handlebars).

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris Brown just posted this in another thread so thanks to him. Not sure when this was taken (this year or last - but unfortunately looks like this year....) but if you are planning on attending this event then make sure you don't park in the runout zone of where this avy occurred. This is to the left of the hillclimb slope and definitely poses a big risk to those attending the event. Can't stress enough don't park in the runout zones, we don't need another Boulder Mt.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was intense! That was a couple of weeks ago I believe. Definitely not an area where people hang out at the hill climb, but great to add to the local knowledge bank about what can and will slide. Thanks for sharing!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meteor Mine Hill Climb was an absolute Blast! So many people, just a great time.
I, for one, am super stoked about the experience. Chuck and I made it up and over! Yayy Chuck! I tried again after that first time and kind of lost my mojo in a rut. Stuck chuck at the top. Holy man did the boys help me out. I am so super thankful for all their help.
The event winners went Amy Enns in the womens, (I came in second... there were only 2 of us! lol) Chris Hoodicoff, Rene St Onge, Keuran Lindley, Dion Lindley, Cam Hicks, .. I think that was it.. Can't remember for sure.
Here are some Pics!
Chuck and I starting.. (I was kind of almost having a stroke at this point.. very first time EVER doing a HIllclimb event, first time EVER at this event.. and I was the very FIRST rider) Holy crap o mundo.. but it all worked out.
201202121222114.jpg

Chuck and i at the top
201202121222112.jpg

Rene Launching off of the starting jump!
201202121347253.jpg

He picked the freakin coolest Line EVER... holy smokes.. at the last minute he dodged INTO the trees on purpose!
201202121347411.jpg

my husband
201202121458303.jpg

so stoked for next year.. I plan on practicing quite a bit.. Leaned lots just being there..

Peace Out

Momma :)

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather was unfortunate, but still a good day. We got there late and missed the first runs, but the best part of the day for me was after it was over watching Rene point that Nypex anywhere he wanted, any time he wanted and just go. Didn't think a Yammie could do that. Damn he can ride that thing! He wouldn't do the Red Bull chute though. Kyle (twice) & Doug White still own that one! :D

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
Thanks Moyie, I was spent after that Session. Wait till there is snow in that chute and it will get slayed. The one on the far left(Shawns chute I think) was fun, had to do it twice! RS I really enjoyed the Crash and Burns at the end of the day! That one Ghostrider was close, I love watchin that action as long as nobody gets hurt. There should be more events like this in BC, good times!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I wish I could have made it! Sounds like you guys put on a great event. We are definitely going to have to schedule our poker run on a different weekend next year so us Creston folk can make it. Would have been great to see everyone. :)

Top Bottom