Memorial Day

The Lyin King

Reaction score
I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

As we fire up our barbeques, enjoy the company of our friends and families in whatever manner we chose, let’s be mindful of the following while celebrating this holiday together.

It is the
VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the
VETERAN who
salutes the Flag.

It is the VETERAN
who serves
under the Flag.

God Bless them all!!!

From a Veteran to all of my Bothers-in-Arms who have selflessly served OUR Country and those currently serving . . . THANK YOU!!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Nice! You miss all the hustle of holiday weekends when you get out before or after them, hope your time away was fun! Thank you for the kind wishes!!

Sorry you misunderstood, in Canada we just had our long weekend, all of us. We went camping in the snow in the foothills of the rockies, but had fun anyway riding the quads.

The Lyin King

Reaction score
Sorry you misunderstood, in Canada we just had our long weekend, all of us. We went camping in the snow in the foothills of the rockies, but had fun anyway riding the quads.

Ah, I forget most of the folks on this forum are Canadians and have a different holiday schedule . . . sorry!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Ah, I forget most of the folks on this forum are Canadians and have a different holiday schedule . . . sorry!

That's ok, you and your family have a great long weekend. Our next one is July 1st, I happen to get 4 days then but a lot of people don't. Our government doesn't think that Canada Day should be a 4 day holiday like you guys have down there for July 4th.
We of course will be camping early before the poker rally day on the saturday(3rd) with all our riding buddies. Hopefully there won't be any snow. LOL

The Lyin King

Reaction score
That's ok, you and your family have a great long weekend. Our next one is July 1st, I happen to get 4 days then but a lot of people don't. Our government doesn't think that Canada Day should be a 4 day holiday like you guys have down there for July 4th.
We of course will be camping early before the poker rally day on the saturday(3rd) with all our riding buddies. Hopefully there won't be any snow. LOL

You folks have some great Government sponsored ideas, sorry they are less flexible for some holidays! Thank you for the kind wishes and thoughts!!

I wish you the best when you are able to go on holiday, enjoy . . . life is short and fleeting.

Due to hard work and thriftiness I was able to retire two years ago at age 50 so everyday is a holiday more or less. Unfortunately my Wife still has to run our Insurance Agency but she enjoys it and I have plenty to keep me busy on my remote acreage. So I'm always working so to speak, including my duties as the new "domestic goddess" after over 32 years away from “home” as a career I.T. Professional . . . which I do not miss in the least!

All My Best . . . Bob

Top Bottom