Membership and trail fees

dgehrke

Reaction score
I am just a bit confused on trail fees versus memberships. I beleive in supporting those that support the sport but I am not sure the best way (or right way) to do that.
We bought a membership in the Alberta Snowmobile Association through the Crowsnest Pass club, but I know we are going to be riding other areas. We have already been to Corbin and are planning on going to Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke and Radium.
If we buy a membership in the BC Snowmobile Association do we still pay trail fees at all the areas?
With our membership in Alberta, will there be trail fees at the Crowsnest Pass staging areas. I would assume that there is nothing in Cataract or McLean Creek as these are Provincial areas.
Thanks, not being cheap, just want to make sure I am abiding by the rules.
Darlene
(aka GroomerGranny - hopeing to graduate to OffTrailTerror)

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am just a bit confused on trail fees versus memberships. I beleive in supporting those that support the sport but I am not sure the best way (or right way) to do that.
We bought a membership in the Alberta Snowmobile Association through the Crowsnest Pass club, but I know we are going to be riding other areas. We have already been to Corbin and are planning on going to Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke and Radium.
If we buy a membership in the BC Snowmobile Association do we still pay trail fees at all the areas?
With our membership in Alberta, will there be trail fees at the Crowsnest Pass staging areas. I would assume that there is nothing in Cataract or McLean Creek as these are Provincial areas.
Thanks, not being cheap, just want to make sure I am abiding by the rules.
Darlene
(aka GroomerGranny - hopeing to graduate to OffTrailTerror)

If you buy a membership in Fernie ($80 primary and $40 for secondary member) you do not pay for trail fees. Golden gives a $5 discount (or used to enyways) on trail passes for BCSF members. I don't know about Revy or any of the others.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With your ASA Trail Pass you can ride anywhere from Crowsnest Pass to High Level all on your 1 Per machine Trail Pass purchase. BC is different. Your BCSF membership may get you a discount at certain trailheads that support that plan. You need to ask at the trailhead money collector. Buy a BCSF membership and check it out. Buy from where you do your most BC riding example Fernie

Top Bottom