Mega cab long box

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one other thing, you cannot import a vehicle that has been altered from original manufactures design, this includes things like lift kits, motor alterations, exhaust, and I would guess long box kits. I know a guy who tried to import a corvette with aftermarket brakes and got denied. I'm sure there's loop holes, but you should look into it before trying to import one of these trucks. Taking your own down would probably be the easiest.

I do not know what the rules are personally but a friend of mine brought in a 07 Chev truck with a 6" lift and tires. Bought it off Ebay, had the paperwork delivered to the border, then him and another buddy drove down to Vegas picked it up and drove it home..:d

funrider

Reaction score
He got lucky! I did not :( I had all the paper work done but at the boarder my 4" lift that was on the truck when I bought it was turned around. 4 days and 1600.00 later and some bribe jewelery for my wife I then got home.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Not to hijack this thread, but you are correct in that the vehicle is to be stock height, length, tires and rim sizes, dot/csa lites/lenses, etc etc........ Seen many "modded" trucks and cars with problems trying to bring into alberta for the provincial inspections

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and made it over with a lifted rig. I didn't go through Sweetgrass though.....:nono:.

As for the /magnusson act, it will be up to you and your lawyer to battle the manufacturer in court and prove your mods didn't affect the parts in question.... good luck.

I wouldn't try to bring a lifted truck over, but I think a MCLB with factory suspension would pass easily enough. Unless a person really knew they'd never know it wasn't factory.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of guys getting away with importing lifted and modified vehicles, and personally know ones that have been turned back. It's something you need to be aware of and a chance you need to be willing to take. You probably stand to lose a fair chunk of change if you get turned back, never mind the hassle of returning to stock or selling a vehicle somewhere where you dont even live.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about buying a stock mega cab then streching it while I'm down there, but pretty risky if ya get turned back, almost have to buy it bring it home get it signed off then go back fo r the strech.

Top Bottom