Meeting fellow S&Mer's?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be a good idea to meet sum of you ol bastards and young bucks too before i ask to tag along on your sledding trip. It would be weird if you said "sure, tag along with us in our truck" and we don't even make it a hour in and your like "pull over and get this goof outta here" haha chances are weak that would happen but ya never know. I'm looking to meet new people and maybe tag along for a ride in the next few weeks and think it would be cool to meet up for a beer and maybe watch a hockey game?? Am i off my rocker or does anyone else feel the same?...just putting it out there. Mr. Ballzdeep is no homo so don't let the name fool ya. Probably gonna hit a Brewhouse tonight to watch the game or a BP's. I'm in the Edmonton area. Let me know if ya wanna join. :beer::beer:

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thought it would be a good idea to meet sum of you ol bastards and young bucks too before i ask to tag along on your sledding trip. It would be weird if you said "sure, tag along with us in our truck" and we don't even make it a hour in and your like "pull over and get this goof outta here" haha chances are weak that would happen but ya never know. I'm looking to meet new people and maybe tag along for a ride in the next few weeks and think it would be cool to meet up for a beer and maybe watch a hockey game?? Am i off my rocker or does anyone else feel the same?...just putting it out there. Mr. Ballzdeep is no homo so don't let the name fool ya. Probably gonna hit a Brewhouse tonight to watch the game or a BP's. I'm in the Edmonton area. Let me know if ya wanna join. :beer::beer:

It's been quite a long time since we had one but we used to do Monthly "Suds Nights" at local eateries around the city. Maybe its time we try to revive that.......

longtrack 156

Reaction score
I think there is more here than getting together for a beer. I haven't snowmobiled with the young guys for 20 years and they all seem to have their own small groups that they go out with. My situation is that I had a couple of guys I went sledding with for many years but they have all quit. So I have been sledding alone for the last 10 years. Seems like this has turned into an adrenaline sport which excludes a lot of people. I remember the days when the local clubs would have a wiener roast, family day event a few times a season. The thing is I have asked a number of people to go sledding and they don't respond, they have a friend or family that they go out with and don't seem to want to expand their small group. Someone here said I should get more involved in my local club. They only meet once in the fall to plan an annual poker run to raise money for the club, I remember they mentioned once they should be going after seniors grants? Looking around the room, I was the only senior there!

Sorry for the rant, ask a senior along, he may not keep up, he will catch up eventually, if you don't you may end up sledding alone.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is more here than getting together for a beer. I haven't snowmobiled with the young guys for 20 years and they all seem to have their own small groups that they go out with. My situation is that I had a couple of guys I went sledding with for many years but they have all quit. So I have been sledding alone for the last 10 years. Seems like this has turned into an adrenaline sport which excludes a lot of people. I remember the days when the local clubs would have a wiener roast, family day event a few times a season. The thing is I have asked a number of people to go sledding and they don't respond, they have a friend or family that they go out with and don't seem to want to expand their small group. Someone here said I should get more involved in my local club. They only meet once in the fall to plan an annual poker run to raise money for the club, I remember they mentioned once they should be going after seniors grants? Looking around the room, I was the only senior there!

Sorry for the rant, ask a senior along, he may not keep up, he will catch up eventually, if you don't you may end up sledding alone.

I understand what your saying but you also are assuming i'm a young buck that's gonna do 100ft drops and play in trees all day....ummm nope not this guy haha. I also had friends that i used to ride with but have all left the sport. I'm almost 40 and a intermediate rider. Not looking to impose on a group but to find guys like yourself Mr Longtrack. to ride with...riding alone is never a good idea, so if you need to partner up with a old timer and enjoy a day of pow on the lighter side, then that's what chu do. I wouldn't jump in with a crew of gorillas that are gonna climb shouts all day either...i don't wanna slow them down. Nothing major going on here just sipping a beer and looking for a riding bud.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't be afraid of the old Guys. Some of them are in their Midlife Crisis Mode and may easily keep up or possibly make you up your game a bit. Some have been called Energiser Bunnies. I've seen it happen and a few are a little nuts. LOL

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of the old Guys. Some of them are in their Midlife Crisis Mode and may easily keep up or possibly make you up your game a bit. Some have been called Energiser Bunnies. I've seen it happen and a few are a little nuts. LOL

I rode with a guy that was 62 last weekend and his soninlaw.
All I could do to keep up to the guy 62, could he ever ride smooth. Pretty much never stuck.
Old guys can still ride.

Beer nights are long overdue, I'm in.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Time to get back on the XM Bernie.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Haven't been to that bar since it was...sh*t I can't even remember now. First incarnation after the place was built but before it turned into Riggers or whatever it was.

We could do a night in Leduc at the Beer wall.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Haven't been to that bar since it was...sh*t I can't even remember now. First incarnation after the place was built but before it turned into Riggers or whatever it was.

The Blow Out many years ago.

Top Bottom