Medicine Lake

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Taking a trip to Medicine Lake tomorrow for some riding and to scout out a camping spot for a week in August.

I've searched old threads, and have some ideas of where to go, but if anyone has any tips, or knows what the riding is like, there, right now, that would we awesome!

Thanks in advance.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails are always changing it seems, There is lots of trails starting from the random camping area across the road from the Provincial Campground. there is some hardpack roads with lots of trails that intersect it. When are you you going Mike? we are there 16,17, and 18th of August.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be wary there is a really nice trail that goes past a destroyed beaver dam to the west of that is a lake of grass. make sure that your winch is working and don't go by your self. I realize your swimming skills were on display at goodfish but in that crap all bets are off.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, thanks for the heads up. It's funny, but the trip we're planning is Aug 14-18. Never been in the area, that's why I figured a scouting tour is in order.

Also, haven't had a chance to get on my bike since Goodfish, so I'm due.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Standing, in chest deep water, on the bottom of an almost frozen slough isn't swimming, Kelly! :D

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like larry and kelly have stated....it's skeg country! if ya like the mud it's awesome. Was out there for the first ever quadding adventure a few years back in late April and was super happy the skeg was still mostly frozen...and I still got stuck no....BURIED is a better description. However it was one of the few trips my old beast held together for the ENTIRE weekend....hahaha

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it decent camping, if you're not riding? We will definitely have some people (in August) without machines. Is the lake swimable? Is there a boat launch or ramp for a small boat?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob is right skeg, I really have no interest in going back, camping ok, boating ?

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope me neither Larry!

The only thing I know for sure about the lake is....DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RIDE QUAD INTO CAMPGROUND!

Camping in the "gravel pit" was fine, lots of room unless it's a long weekend, then get there early.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a boat launch and our kids were swimming in it on the July long weekend. Few blood suckers though.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... Had a great day of riding and think we've found our spot for August. Thanks for all the help, guys.

(Found some awesome trails that kept us busy a day. Some mud, for sure, but we managed to avoid most of the 'skeg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... Had a great day of riding and think we've found our spot for August. Thanks for all the help, guys.

(Found some awesome trails that kept us busy a day. Some mud, for sure, but we managed to avoid most of the 'skeg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

How was the lake for swimming?

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not sure if you're referring to the same swimming that Kelly was joking about, or my question about whether the lake is swimable.

To address both, no, I managed to keep my quad any myself from swimming this trip. As for the lake, I didn't look too closely. I have no interest in swiming in it, but other people that will be camping with us wanted to know.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not sure if you're referring to the same swimming that Kelly was joking about, or my question about whether the lake is swimable.

To address both, no, I managed to keep my quad any myself from swimming this trip. As for the lake, I didn't look too closely. I have no interest in swiming in it, but other people that will be camping with us wanted to know.
My kids want to camp and swim at the boat launch so just curious.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I recall there is a little beach on the other side of the camp hosts as for blood suckers I didn't they allowed lawyers in the provincial parks

Top Bottom