Medicine Lake

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Medicine Lake this weekend quadding, I am assuming there must be some good trails to be had. Any bad areas to avoid? I take it that that the rally that use to happen out there got cancelled or did I read that wrong? Is anyone planning on being out there this weekend?

:vancouver:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will be wet everywhere .... and theres not one trail thats better than the other

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mean it might be muddy? oh no what will I do? Bwahhahahahahahah! I gots me an idea! I think I shall drive through it. Will take pics.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mean it might be muddy? oh no what will I do? Bwahhahahahahahah! I gots me an idea! I think I shall drive through it. Will take pics.

Me thinks ya won't. When you come across a hole out there, take my advice, and try to go around it. All the trails are wet, and the holes are deep. It can be fun out there, but it can be hard on winches too. Have fun.:d

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm When someone that goes by the name goodngrubby warns you about the holes, I suspect that you are probably not kidding! I will send one of the younger ones in first, I can always make another one (just kidding).

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just got back! Goodngrubby was true to his word. She is very,very wet out there. Some of the best quadding I have ever done. Snorkle did its job and we used the winches a few times ( read a lot). WE had fun finally smoked the CVT belt when I was washing it in the "wash pond" in the middle of the staging area. Some incredible trails in there. Not many people out there this weekend I guess the potential rain scared them off. We were driving in the rain til the lightning started. Didn't think it was too good an idea to stay out in it. Nice backyard you have Grubby!

:vancouver:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is some nice riding, but can be tough on a winch if you get into the endless stretches of muskegg. If you can stay on higher, harder ground, it makes for a great day of riding.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found some nice trails on the higher ground interspersed with a little mud, not hard to figure out that it doesn't take much to tear it up. You couldn't start to bridge any of that area as you would run out of trees! Wil definitely go again.

Top Bottom