Medicine lake rally

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The odds aren't good. The SRD has a few hurdles for us that are almost impossible to acheive. We'll be discussing it in depth at our meetings over the next month or so, but I don't put a lot of hope in it. One of the tallest orders is that we have to bridge (or culvert) every water way on the route. Anybody who's ever been out there knows that that's probably not an option. If we choose to do it later in the year, when the wet lands and muskeg are a little more sustainable, then we may recieve a little more lieniance. We'll have to wait and see how things play out with our volunteer base as well....it takes an unreal amount of man hours to put on a rally. I'll keep you posted.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The odds aren't good. The SRD has a few hurdles for us that are almost impossible to acheive. We'll be discussing it in depth at our meetings over the next month or so, but I don't put a lot of hope in it. One of the tallest orders is that we have to bridge (or culvert) every water way on the route. Anybody who's ever been out there knows that that's probably not an option. If we choose to do it later in the year, when the wet lands and muskeg are a little more sustainable, then we may recieve a little more lieniance. We'll have to wait and see how things play out with our volunteer base as well....it takes an unreal amount of man hours to put on a rally. I'll keep you posted.

if you need help, you know how to find me!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can help to buddy pal

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can help out if I am not working...I rode your ralley and never noticed any wet spots?????

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha...nope. But I do feel somewhat responsible for the changes in SRD's protocol. It seems that "see no evil, hear no evil" was the rule, but once all the videos of the Medicine Lake poker rally surfaced, all hell broke loose inside of SRD's office. Because of one snivelling, whining douchebag that went running to SRD, they had to do a complete overhaul on the rules and regulations. It started a political sh!tstorm, and we all got caught up in the tail wind. If a person can talk nicey nice, then the boys in brown really aren't that bad to deal with...they just have rules and regs in place that don't really pertain to an area such as Medicine Lake.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha...nope. But I do feel somewhat responsible for the changes in SRD's protocol. It seems that "see no evil, hear no evil" was the rule, but once all the videos of the Medicine Lake poker rally surfaced, all hell broke loose inside of SRD's office. Because of one snivelling, whining douchebag that went running to SRD, they had to do a complete overhaul on the rules and regulations. It started a political sh!tstorm, and we all got caught up in the tail wind. If a person can talk nicey nice, then the boys in brown really aren't that bad to deal with...they just have rules and regs in place that don't really pertain to an area such as Medicine Lake.

Wasn`t your doing. This has been brewing for a few years. It was time for us all to become a little more responsible to keepm it cleaner. Problem I have now is that they want you to remove all the bridges or protection after your rally has finished. WHY???? Liability I guess

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn`t your doing. This has been brewing for a few years. It was time for us all to become a little more responsible to keepm it cleaner. Problem I have now is that they want you to remove all the bridges or protection after your rally has finished. WHY???? Liability I guess

I don't understand it either. Any time there's a designated trail, there's going to be higher than normal traffic riding it after the fact, because it's a ride they remember....instead of searching for new trails. If the SRD wants sustainable riding, why not benefit from the labor of others, and leave the bridges in place? People are still going to ride those trails whether there's an easy water crossing or not....I don't get it. If you look at the Bighorn, that's the name of the game out there....I personally think that it would be a bonus anywhere else.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't understand it either. Any time there's a designated trail, there's going to be higher than normal traffic riding it after the fact, because it's a ride they remember....instead of searching for new trails. If the SRD wants sustainable riding, why not benefit from the labor of others, and leave the bridges in place? People are still going to ride those trails whether there's an easy water crossing or not....I don't get it. If you look at the Bighorn, that's the name of the game out there....I personally think that it would be a bonus anywhere else.

SRD requests that we take our bridges out after every rally as well. I think its time to form some more ATV clubs, stewart some trails, and get the sport more "organized"

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SRD requests that we take our bridges out after every rally as well. I think its time to form some more ATV clubs, stewart some trails, and get the sport more "organized"

Tyler all good ideas BUT who will insure them. I think that it being summer use there is a enviromental issue. Insurance will be the dealbreaker. The Snowmobile trails have very limited Enviroment impact compared to Tire use. ATV clubs are growing but not fast enough.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Below the mountain peaks

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler all good ideas BUT who will insure them. I think that it being summer use there is a enviromental issue. Insurance will be the dealbreaker. The Snowmobile trails have very limited Enviroment impact compared to Tire use. ATV clubs are growing but not fast enough.

very true, but they are starting to take shape.... time for people to join em!

denseleit

Reaction score
Its nice to see some people shed some light on whats happening and what it takes to make it happen. So what about all the other rally's, what are they doing different???

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not public knowledge yet. However i heard from a reliable source,that SRD is gonna hire TEX78 to get off and push his brute thru all the wet spots in Medicine lake,if he makes it,it`s a GO............................

Top Bottom