mecanic advice needed!

sledfreakz

Reaction score
hey snow and mud

i have a 07 skidoo mxz 800 h o ptek, i noticed that i keep fouling out the plugs and i just took it out for aquick burn this morning and now it will only idle for a few mins then it dies and bogs out if the rpms get any higher than 4000 anyone have any ideas why this is dong it???

please message me any advice at this point will help
thanks

sledfreakz

Reaction score
i think i will try that its odd it wont really rev up higher .than 4000 rpm unless the choke is on then i can squeeze another 500rpm out of it but it is quick to die if i push the throttle any more

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i will try that its odd it wont really rev up higher .than 4000 rpm unless the choke is on then i can squeeze another 500rpm out of it but it is quick to die if i push the throttle any more
Not enough fuel, thats why choke helps. Got green goop in carbs.

sledfreakz

Reaction score
thanks!
ill clean the carbs and throw a new set of plugs in, im running ngks b9s right now should i switch ?

JBDoo

Reaction score
Check your reeds too, I have heard of quite a few issues with them.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 skidoo rev and just had to do the top end, check the compression. That kinda sounds like what mine was doing but I was getting backfiring and a lot less power as well and then would randomly shut off when ideling. I had to keep on the gas to keep her going. Good luck :)

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

Top Bottom