Meals for refugees ???

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think we are paying just for meals for these people?

This morning’s Vancouver Sun states that Syrian refugees will be paid a meal allowance per person per day of $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch, and $30 for dinner by the Federal Government. Thus, a typical family with four kids will receive $186/day or $5,580/month for meals alone, and this from a government that somehow cannot afford more than about $1100/month for all expenses for pensioners.

No wonder that the government is now admitting that this year’s deficitwill be higher than the pre-election figure of $10 billion, but perhaps $25
billion!! As I have previously commented, “Hold on to your wallets”, the Liberals are back in town. For those of you seduced by the promises of “sunny ways”, reality is here, and we can look forward to higher taxes and a bigger overall debt.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This morning’s Vancouver Sun states that Syrian refugees will be paid a meal allowance per person per day of $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch, and $30 for dinner by the Federal Government. Thus, a typical family with four kids will receive $186/day or $5,580/month for meals alone, and this from a government that somehow cannot afford more than about $1100/month for all expenses for pensioners.

No wonder that the government is now admitting that this year’s deficitwill be higher than the pre-election figure of $10 billion, but perhaps $25
billion!! As I have previously commented, “Hold on to your wallets”, the Liberals are back in town. For those of you seduced by the promises of “sunny ways”, reality is here, and we can look forward to higher taxes and a bigger overall debt.
They hit the lottery and we will pay for it. But too many people believe it is the right thing to do.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$66960.00 just for meals a year tax free I would guess for a family of 4 ?
By the time housing and other crap they will be in the $150000.00 range?
Times that by 6250 family's .
Ouch

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's fawked. I'm for legit refugees but that is obscenely over the top.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I think we should take care of our own first.... No disrespect to anyone here, everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is obscene to give them that much money just for meals. Where would they find the incentive to go look for work. No way they would make that kinda coin workin so we just keep payin. JMHO

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of money. Typical liberals though, ignore the needy at home and run off to support the currently trendy international needy. They don't give a $hit about the needy, they just need to be able to brag about it at dinner parties. Send all the refugees gift cards from superstore at the rate stats Canada says the average Canadian spends monthly on food. That plus a voucher for a couple of pounds of bacon!!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's unreal. When our 2 year old daughter was going through transplant at the Children's Hospital , we were given assistance of $17 a day for meals for my wife and I combined. Should have said we were from Syria.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a complete joke and we will pay for it. If all 25,000 of them come in look out. When I retire in about 3 years I have to pay for my medical. They get it for FREE !!!!!! sure sounds fair to me. Like I said a complete job.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's unreal. When our 2 year old daughter was going through transplant at the Children's Hospital , we were given assistance of $17 a day for meals for my wife and I combined. Should have said we were from Syria.

Yep we got the same. $17 or a food stamp for a piece of pizza or fries. Pisses me off now that you mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice way to treat your new voters.
And lots of them have 4+ kids.
Factor in the liberals family benefit and they are making a 6 figure income.

Wonder what kind of sleds the refugees are gonna buy.......

Crazy thing is they couldn't even get 2000 of them in by the end of the year because the goverment is waiting on the refugees to sell their assets back home....

What kind of ****ing refugee has assets?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it's time to go postal...at what point are we going to snap and start shooting back! These politicians are just flat out screwing this country! There is no way we the people are going to survive at this rate and the fat cats are taking care of themselves.
have to be careful about what one says but I think someone needs to fire a round or two across the bow.
Any crazy gun toeting loonies out there want a project?

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trudeau is nothing more then a ****ing playboy. He's more worried about his image then he is of Canadians, that's abundantly clear. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what that clown is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always said when you go to vote, you're NOT voting for the person/party that is going to do the right thing but you are actually voting for the one that is going to screw the country over the least!! They all lie about campaign promises that never happen then throw a bunch of crap at us that was never talked about before the election. It doesn't matter what party it is they all do it, having said that, yes I do vote every chance I get....if you don't vote you have no right to bitch! Just my opinion, not trying to start a political scrap here, based on track record the Liberals and NDP have NEVER put the best interests of Canadians at the top of the agenda and certainly not Western Canadians. My favourite color might be blue but that doesn't mean they haven't made mistakes as well. No matter what party is in power they all seem to forget the old saying "Clean up your own backyard first!" For those that think the Harper era knocked the wind out of the sails, JT is well on his way to sinking the ship!! With a little luck he'll take Knothead with him.

But he does have nice hair though!!

gman

Reaction score
Could someone post a link to this article?

Because it's BS.

I live in Vancouver, and I'm sitting here with my week's work of Vancouver Sun's here... and there's no article detailing refugee meal expenses. And I also searched on the Vancouver Sun's own website... nothing. Even a Google search shows up THE EXACT SAME WORDS copy-and-pasted on websites like this.

Geez, the math doesn't even work.

This is one of those BS things people make up and post all over to get other's panties in a not. "See! SEE! We're getting screwed over by such-and-such and they're taking my hard-earned tax dollars and just GIVING it away! Be angry like me!!!"

I don't care what a person's beliefs are, but people shouldn't be trolled with made-up crap meant solely to stoke false claims. That's why Snopes.com exists... because it's so easy to make people on the Internet believe anything they read.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because it's BS.

I live in Vancouver, and I'm sitting here with my week's work of Vancouver Sun's here... and there's no article detailing refugee meal expenses. And I also searched on the Vancouver Sun's own website... nothing. Even a Google search shows up THE EXACT SAME WORDS copy-and-pasted on websites like this.

This is one of those BS things people make up and post all over to get other's panties in a not. "See! SEE! We're getting screwed over by such-and-such and they're taking my hard-earned tax dollars and just GIVING it away! Be angry like me!!!"

I don't care what a person's beliefs are, but people shouldn't be trolled with made-up crap meant solely to stoke false claims. That's why Snopes.com exists... because it's so easy to make people on the Internet believe anything they read.
uploadfromtaptalk1451763770224.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because it's BS.

Oh and thanks for your first post.

Top Bottom