Bill C-428

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bullch!t, everyone let your member of parliament know!!!!!

Bill #C-428 [THANKS TO RUBY DHALLA AND BOB RAE]
Only if you disagree with this Bill ... pass this message along.

This bill should not have seen the light of day ... and yet it will receive second reading at the next sitting of parliament.

Please read the bill and make your own decision. If you disagree with the bill send this to everyone over the age of 50 in your address book ... or those who may be turning 50 a few years.

Hopefully, by letting your member of parliament know your feelings on the bill, it will be defeated.

If you agree with the bill you don't need to do anything..

URGENT ATTENTION About Our OAS pensions Bill C-428 An Act to Amend the Old Age Security Act (residency requirements)

Bill C-428 will allow recent immigrants to apply for OAS in 3 years instead of the existing 10.

This bill had first reading in the house on June 18, 2009. It was seconded by Bob Rae! MP Ms Ruby Dhalla who introduced the bill represents the riding of Brampton whose population is mainly East Indian. Right now you have to have lived in Canada for 10 years in order to qualify for Old Age Security. She wants the time reduced to 3 years. Thousands could come to Canada when they are 62 years old, never having worked or contributed to this country's tax system, etc and qualify for full Old Age Security benefits. 10 years minimum is reasonable - 3 is not!

Look this up, Google C-428 and you will see this bill has only one purpose, and that is to 'featherbed' a select group of people for votes.

I certainly hope this bill does not get passed. It is about time we called our elected MP's to ask them to NOT support this bill. Their response may be one factor in helping us determine who gets elected in the next election.

What Can You Do?

1. Spread the message to family, friends and e-mail buds.

2. Write letters, send e-mails to all your list and call Members of Parliament

It is time Canada looked after it's vets and long-term citizens before tossing OUR hard-earned money around on people who have no right to this money, never having paid taxes or contributed to our economy. If a family wishes to bring elderly relatives here and are willing to waive their own right to collect these funds in order that the elderly relatives can receive them ... fine. Otherwise, do not expect the Canadian taxpayers to do it.

There are too many people abusing the generosity of the Canadian people. We need to stop this NOW. We, our children and our grand children currently owe the global investment community over $500 billion dollars ... the sum of our accumulated National Debt that is never publicized.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now READ THIS..

Canada Pensions...

Only in Canada

* It is interesting to know that the federal Government of Canada allows :

A monthly pension of : $1,890.00 to a simple refugee
plus : 580.00 in social aid
==========

A grand total of : $2,470.00 monthly
X 12 months

==========
$28,920.00 annual income

· By comparison, the Old Age Pension of a senior citizen who has contributed to the development of Our Beautiful Big Country during 40 or 50 years, CANNOT receive more than :

Amount/month $1,012.00 in Old Age Pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement
X 12 months

============
$12,144.00 annual income

A difference of : $16,776.00 per year

* Perhaps our senior citizens should ask for the Status of Refugees instead of applying for Old Age Pension.

* Let us send this message to as many Canadians as possible, and maybe the allowance of refugee could then be reduced to $1,012.00, and that of our Canadian pensioners raised to $2,470.00 per month. (who actually deserve it) the money that they have been paying in income taxes for 40 or 50 years,

AN INCREDIBLE NONSENSE !!!
OUR CANADIAN SENIORS CITIZENS, DESERVE BETTER

Please circulate this text to see the reaction of your contacts !

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stopbillC428

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some food for thought.. here is the response of a friend of mine.. NOT ME.. I'll be keeping my opinions to myself on this one most likely

"I full support this bill!! If I was a refugee and had to leave my country and emigrate to canada at 62 I would not want to work till I was 72 and I would not wish that on my parents either.. There is more than a national economy.. There is a world economy and these people have contributed to it. Immigration takes many years they don't just show up and become immigrants!!! And no body immigrates without having a sponsor who can financially support then! Most elderly immigrants are part of large families and care for the children while the parents are working.. This alleviates strains on child care system and allows the parents to work which lowers the burden on both society and the family. These ppl don't simply immigrate and sit around open ur eyes!! I don't support the poverty of the elderly regardless their race ethnicity or time spent in canada. Canada is am ethnic mosaic. Canada takes care of its citizens. This means all citizens new and old alike. Think globally people! It doesn't make a difference anyway OAP is a pittance and not enough to live off but if can save someone's life why begrudge them that. You live in canada now and have the opportunity to save for your future. Not all immigrants had that opportunity. That doesn't mean they deserve to starve in their ild age. Woww way to get my blood boiling on a sunday morning!!"

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to research something before jumping on the bandwagon.

What is not proper is to rail against Bill C-248 and basically misrepresent the case by implying that those in the country only three years would be eligible for the full monthly pension of $516.96. None of the emails I received or the blogs I viewed mentioned the fact that each one year of reidency would be worth only 1/40th of the maximum amount and that the three-year resident would receive about $37.77.

Read more:

riffrraffing

Reaction score
I think that this Bill is a joke. Furthermore I also believe that the way that we as Canadians bend over backwards accommodating every immigrant that has nothing but complaints to offer our country is appalling. To know that my relatives had to work so hard to be proud of the country that they have passed along to our generation is sobering. A Canadian like any other team member needs to be offering something to the team. These ungrateful, arrogant immigrants stepping off the banana boats today bring nothing to our team. In fact they are a hinderance tying up the courts and doctors offices and hospitals and registration offices. They leave their home country knowing how much better Canada is and then when they get here, they try their hardest to change Canada into a flavor of their own country. Well if there country was so terrible, why try to bring those customs here for us Canadians to have to tolerate. The court time that these immigrants waste on such ridiculous things makes me sick. What's worse is now we have so many of the immigrants in our country that they are now working their way through the system and in to politics and also working as judges. We need the silent majority to stand up and be heard before it is too late. Just look what is happening to France right now. It is a real shame. Oh, because I know that Canada is full of bleeding hearts and there must be a few of you on this forum, I dare you to challenge me with the whole "we were all immigrants if you go back far enough". I would love to defend that position with respect to immigration in today's society.

Top Bottom